Pages

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Perfectly Imperfect

Forget the filters, forget waiting for the perfect bathing suit body...the perfect body is yours in your bathing suit! 

My girlie took these pictures of me two days ago on the shores of PEI and yep there is a ton of cellulite, crazy veins and lots of stuff jiggles but there is also a smile, an experience and a memory that was made with my girlie that I will treasure forever!!

This body is far from perfect and yes I am guilty of beating myself up about things I don't like about it but I've realized it's also amazing. This body has carried me 40 years, it gets worked out regularly, it's strong, gives pretty awesome hugs, it is fed well, sometimes enjoys the sweets a bit too much but overall it's pretty fantastic! 

I am thankful for this perfectly imperfect vessel that has carried me this far!!

I just want to encourage you to get out there friends! Absolutely take care of what you've got, workout and eat well but also GO...GO make the memories right now, don't waste another moment waiting until you feel good enough!!!!

If you are a young person stop beating yourself up comparing yourself to what a magazine cover calls beautiful, you ARE beautiful, you are young and vibrant, celebrate that!! 

If you are a mama don't let your kids remember you as the parent who was hiding, waiting for the perfect bathing suit body when all they wanted was for you to play and make a memory with them...I know I have been so guilty of that in the past!! The struggle is real, but I can reassure you, your kids love you, every glorious inch of you no matter how big or small you are and they don't see size, they see love and that my friends is beautiful!

No matter what age you are get out there, smile, laugh, enjoy the life you've been given, you've got one chance to give it all you've got!! 


You are beautiful, you are wonderful, you are uniquely you, you are enough, there will never ever be another you and that makes you pretty darn special and don't you forget it!!! ❤️❤️❤️

No comments: