Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Lessons from Rex

My dog Rex was under the ottoman, one of his favourite places to be, I had moved it so it was closer to the couch so I could put my feet up.
When I was leaving the room he tried to climb out the bottom only to realize he would run out of room because it was against the couch, he couldn't move backwards or forwards, he was stuck. Rex just took one look at me and then Conrad, my hubby, with his one foot, lifted the ottoman and Rex was free.
I asked Conrad how easy was it to lift the ottoman, to which he replied that it was no problem at all.
Where am I going with this?!
See Conrad and I had just been having a discussion about our lives and the things we struggle with and how it can be incredibly frustrating and never ending and here our dog was struggling for a moment and we didn't hesitate to free him.
In that scene, to me, it was a reflection of all the things I struggle with, I try to move forward...nothing, so I try backward...nothing, and yet what I need to do is lift my eyes upward and trust the one who can do what I cannot and lift the heavy burden that is weighing me down.
Yes I may have gotten myself into that situation, yes I probably didn't look ahead to see if I could get out of it.
See here's the thing, just as we didn't hesitate to help out our dog because to us it wasn't even a thought our loving father feels the same way about us.
To him, lifting up the burden so we can experience freedom is what he does, it's his thing, if we let it be his thing. We don't need to beg, plead, whine and yelp all we need to do is turn our eyes upward and he is there to help us.
Our dog had complete trust and faith in us to free him from his struggle and it was as though I was being asked the same thing....'Louise do you trust me to help you and can I walk with you, carry this burden for you and give you real freedom?'
The struggle isn't the point, we all have them, we will all endure them on this planet, it's part of the journey, the point is we were NEVER MEANT TO STRUGGLE ALONE AND CARRY OUR BURDENS ALONE.....He wants to carry them for us and walk beside us each and every moment of every day and make a way for us where there seems to be none and we feel trapped.
He wants to heal the broken places of our hearts, restore our trust and faith in him to be our amazing trustworthy master. He is so in love with us and cares so much for us, he is good and he is love and he wants us to experience his love, always!
Trust is a very real struggle for me, will you join me in this journey of trusting him today as we release the burdens we've been carrying and turn our eyes upward and begin to trust him for real, true, lasting freedom?!!

“Praise the Lord, who carries our burdens day after day; he is the God who saves us.”
Psalm 68:19

“Look at the birds: they do not sow seeds, gather a harvest and put it in barns; yet your Father in heaven takes care of them! Aren't you worth much more than birds?”
Matthew 6:26

Have an awesome Tuesday!
Love you friends! ❤️


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments: