Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

I Am Free

"You are my hiding place. You will keep me out of trouble and envelop me with songs that remind me I am free."
I have felt anything but free lately caught up in the mental anxiety and worry of everyday cares and concerns.
The what if questions that haunt, the how is this going to work questions that try to figure out tomorrow trap the mind in the endless cycle of worry.
What would it mean to you right now to be free?
For me I know exactly what that looks like, free from worry, free from wheels constantly spinning in my mind trying to figure things out, free from any anxiety over what tomorrow may bring.
So for me this verse was such a great reminder that Jesus is constantly sending me reminders that I am free, that true freedom comes from knowing I'm secure in Him, that circumstances of life may change but my position with Him, my hiding place never changes.
The verse goes on to say " I will teach you and tell you the way to go and how to get there;" wow this sounds like He's got a plan for this all to work out......"I will give you good counsel and watch over you" there He is again always keeping an eye on me wanting to give me the best advice ......" The one who trusts in the Eternal is wrapped tightly in His gracious love".....reminds me how we swaddle babies to get them to quiet and this soothes them, this picture is a powerful reminder that we are wrapped so tightly in His love, it's all around us enveloping us like a cozy blanket.
This picture becomes so clear,if even for a moment, the anxiety and worry disappears and I see a loving father take my hand, whispering and singing songs of peace and love reminding me that He has a plan and it is good.
Anyone else need to cling to that today?
Join me friends and I pray that today the load feels tangibly lighter, that the chains that have held you captive are broken free and that you experience His peace and His tightly wrapped up love for you!!
I love you friends!! Happy Saturday!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: