Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Messed Up

~Woke up incredibly frustrated by the circumstances of life and went to journal about it because that's how I get it out of my system.
Then decided to begrudgingly read my bible...quite frankly I didn't feel like it because, just like human nature, we love to blame God when everything doesn't turn out the way we like it to.
So there I was reading in consecutive order from where I left off last time and came across a character who had extreme doubts and unbelief and because of his unbelief he as unable to speak until what God had promised came to pass. Thought to myself, wow that sounds a lot like someone I know, sometimes I wish my big mouth would be shut so that the promises God has made could come to pass in my life!!
As I sat there I was reminded of all the messed up people in the bible....Peter had a temper and he denied Jesus, Thomas was known for his doubt, Paul was a murderer, David was well David, messed up, and so up and down in his emotions reading the Psalms is like going on a roller coaster ride of emotions. Honestly the list could go on for quite a while and yet, yet God was patient and He used each one of those people for something good!!
In some strange way it brings me comfort. Oh I can get angry, I can even give God the silent treatment and secretly blame Him for whatever is going wrong in my life and accuse Him of wrong timing, and yet, yet He chooses to love me and be patient with me. Then He shows me someone in the bible not so different than me at this moment as if to say, ' I see you, I know what you are dealing with and my promises are still there no matter if you believe them or not'....wow now that is a loving, trusting God wouldn't you say?!
We tend to put the biblical characters on a pedestal and tell of how wonderful they are, and they are, yet we don't have to look too far to see their humanness to see their downfalls and I believe that is there for a reason, to give us hope!! Hope that in all their humanness and human mess God is still God and His promises and His love supersedes all our feelings and emotions!!
Preaching to myself today, trust me!! I need this more than ever today and I pray that you too find a glimpse of hope and the energy needed to see this day through!! He loves you so much and He sees your struggles, He can handle your tough emotions! I pray you feel His tenderness and love surrounding you today!!!
Love you friends!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: