Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Gardener

It's that time of year again where gardeners are itching to get out there and plant, whether it's flowers or a garden, the desire is there to plant something and watch it grow.
I'm not much of a gardener myself but I've seen my mom and the diligence it takes to have something beautiful grow; clearing away all the dead stuff in the spring, planting new plants, continual water and weeding.
I saw that image of my mom working diligently and the love she has for seeing beautiful things grow when I read this verse 'The Eternal One will never leave you: He will lead you in the way that you should go.
When you feel dried up and worthless, God will nourish you and give you strength.
And you will grow like a garden lovingly tended; you will be like a spring whose water never runs out.' Isaiah 58:11
I'm sure we all have areas of our lives that feel dried up and worthless and we feel like giving up. Yet this morning I pray that you feel a fresh wave of hope rise up in you and that you will feel God's strength!
Just as a diligent gardener takes care of their garden, God promises to lovingly restore those dried up, seemingly worthless areas and give you strength. So much so that you will have nourishment to give to others, a spring whose water never runs out!!
So as you start your gardening this year, or see other people garden, I hope that you are reminded that you are worth having a loving gardener tend to the things that matter in your heart! Surrender all the dried up and worthless areas of your life to Him and watch Him turn it into something beautiful!
Love you friends!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: