Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

For God So Loved

We have heard this verse a million times over and over again it is probably one of the most popular verses we see. It's at sports games and on signs etc.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that who so ever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life John 3:16...
This verse is not only a great sign for us to see how much God loved us that He gave His son Jesus for us so that we could spend eternity with Him but I believe also this verse is a call to action.
Let me tell you why....God so loved that He GAVE... You've often heard the saying 'actions speak louder than words', there is tremendous truth in that. What is God asking you to give in love today; your time to serve Him, finances to help someone in need, clothing or groceries to help someone going through a rough time, visit an elderly neighbour? There are so many different ways to show love!
Not only is this a call to action on our parts to give love as He gave but also to sacrifice as He sacrificed. He gave us His greatest gift, His only son!! I cannot imagine surrendering my son knowing He would be beaten and bruised and ultimately sacrificed for the human race, yet God knew this would benefit us so greatly because the outcome was so great!! Opportunity to spend eternity with Him.
So the second part of this is,what are you being asked to give up? Even if it's temporarily so that the ultimate return would be a closer relationship with God.
He may be asking you to give something up that has become an addiction therefore it has stolen time and focus away from Him. He may be asking you to give up tv to spend more time with Him, or certain foods, or even a relationship that is pulling you away from God.
All these things He may be asking you to give up are not to hurt you, although the process may be painful, He would only ever ask us to give up or sacrifice something because He already sees the benefit, He already sees the great reward of the sacrifice.
So the two questions I am asking of myself today and I'm hoping you will join me are
1) What can I give, what can I do to show love?
2) What am I being asked to give up or sacrifice completely to grow in my relationship with Him?
Not easy questions but questions that can yield such an amazing opportunity for growth and closeness with Him.

Lord as we take this step in asking you these two questions I know you are faithful and when you ask of us you also provide for us a way to see this through! We ask for your strength, your guidance and your direction as we take this step of faith trusting you every step of the way!
In Jesus name, Amen!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: