Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

The Princess and The Super-Hero

Most every child at some point wishes to be a princess if they are a girl,a knight or some kind of super hero if they are a boy.
I often joke with my parents that I'm adopted and that I'm actually the child of royalty and what better place to hide me than Blumenort, I mean who would look for me there right?!
Yeah they aren't too convinced, probably something to do with how much I look like my dad. :S
I believe each one of us male or female have a longing to be deeply loved with a love so deep that we feel as though we are worth being rescued and fought for. We would also love some supernatural strength like a super hero to fight our battles.
Well guess what, we are all worth the fight and there is an abundance of supernatural strength that we can have!!
That's why I love this passage it paints a great picture of a relationship with God.
"I love you, God- you make me strong. God is bedrock under my feet,
the castle in which I live,
my rescuing knight.
My God - the high crag where I run for dear life, hiding behind the boulders, safe in the granite hideout.....
A hostile world! I call to God,
I cry to God to help me.
From his palace he hears my call;
my cry brings me right into his presence - a private audience! '

He is the castle in which I live....what does a castle generally consist of ?! Strong fortified walls, a moat to keep thieves out and guards protecting the gate as well as some knights to fight anyone off should they get to close to the children of the king.
That is you and I, each one of us. You are His child, the child of the King of Kings. In Him you have a sure thing. Just as a good King would lay down his life to save the his family the great King has already laid down His life for you so that you could spend eternity in His care.
He is a strong fortress. No matter what you are facing you can take it to Him today and you can rest knowing you are safe in His care, you have a private audience with the King of Kings!!
If you need strength for your day to fight some battles ahead He promises to make you strong, there is supernatural strength that you have in Him. His strength is made perfect in your weakness, when you are weak He is strong. That is your supernatural-super-hero strength!!

So whether you need to be rescued or you need strength for your battle today in Him you have both!!

Will you trust Him today ?!

Love you friends!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: