Pages

Saturday, February 01, 2014

Lay it All Down

Ever have those days when something is weighing so heavily on your mind and you feel anxious and burdened with worry?

I know I do and sometimes those times can feel suffocating.

It's easy to hear that we are supposed to lay our heaviness down at Jesus' feet and much harder to do somedays.

I beleive we have to make the choice to continually take the burden and lay it down, when the worry creeps in; lay it down. When the fear speaks so loudly it's ringing in your ears; lay it down. When doubt is staring you in the face that it seems hopeless; lay it down. When the anxious thoughts keep you awake at night; lay it down.

It isn't a one time event, our temptation is to continually pick up the burden and carry it because that sometimes seems easier than trusting God for a solution.

We may have to lay it down over and over and over again in a span of just a few minutes! It's the action of continually saying to God "I'm giving this to you." When we realize we are carrying it again, we repeat.

As we repeat this process I truly believe eventually the heaviness will lift and the peace will flow as we learn to trust Him more and more.

He does care and wants to lift your burdens for you!!

Will you join me in trusting Him today?! Repeat after me, " Lord I've tried to do this on my own long enough, you have a way where there seems to be no way, you have the answer, you have the provision, you care and know about every part of me and every struggle I am facing. I am laying _________________at your feet believing together we can face anything. I trust you today! I love you Jesus! Amen"

Repeat 100 times today if you need to, just keep casting your cares on Him because He does care for you!

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28 NIV)

Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; [I Pet. 5:7.]

“Don’t be afraid, I’ve redeemed you. I’ve called your name. You’re mine. When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you. When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down. When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end— Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you. That’s how much you mean to me! That’s how much I love you! I’d sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you. (Isaiah 43:1-4 MSG)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: