Pages

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

What a Mess

Lessons truly can be learned in the strangest of places!! After a few too many Christmas meals my dog Rex had to be let outside at 3am one morning so still somewhat asleep my husband let Rex outside to do his ‘duty’. Well upon returning into the house he must have stepped ‘in it’ and then proceeded to leave a trail of ‘duty’ behind him before my husband realized what had happened.
Needless to say this smelt awful and what a mess to clean up!!
So while my hubby gave Rex a bath I started to clean up this stinky messy trail which went across mostly hardwood, thankfully, but also across clothing and a bit of carpet. As I was cleaning I had a realization (definitely not my own) that people can be the same as my dog Rex. They step into their own messes from the past, whether bitterness, resentment, unforgiveness, bad attitude whatever it may be and they carry it with them into the present, sometimes unknowingly. It then contaminates the world around them. It can leave a trail of broken relationships, a world filled with loneliness and can leave people cold and hardhearted.
Here’s the message of hope in all this, Rex was powerless to clean up the mess himself, there was no way for him to clean up the trail he left behind let alone his own paw where the ‘mess’ sat, his master was the only one that could help him.
It’s the same with you and I, we are powerless to wipe out bitterness, unforgiveness, resentment, anger and bad attitudes on our own power, but we serve a gracious and loving master who the moment we ask gets to work on our behalf working within us to help resolve the issues that lie deep within. When the issues are being resolved with the master he gives us the power to walk around without contaminating the world around us.
HE LOVES US! OH HOW HE LOVES US!!
He loves us too much to much to leave us contaminating the world around us with what should be left behind!!
I can think of no better way to start 2014 than trusting him to help me with a mess I’ve been trying to clean up on my own for far too long.
Will you join me in trusting him with your mess today?

‘GOD made my life complete
when I placed all the pieces before him.
When I got my act together,
he gave me a fresh start.
Now I’m alert to GOD’s ways;
I don’t take God for granted.
Every day I review the ways he works;
I try not to miss a trick.
I feel put back together,
and I’m watching my step.
GOD rewrote the text of my life
when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.’
Psalm 18:20-24

No comments: