Pages

Sunday, December 01, 2013

Prayer

Ever find yourself with a heavy heart? Times when it feels like there are more thoughts than words, more worries than praises, more tears than joy?

I am here to tell you there is hope. When I was going through an incredibly difficult season in my life I ached on the inside, and often when I wanted to pray nothing came out because I didn't know how to put into words exactly what it was I was feeling and exactly what it was I was needing.
Till one day I came across this verse and let me tell you it set me free, for me it was just another glimpse at how much God loves us and understands the road we are on and it still touched me deep within when I read it...'Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, Gods Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans.'
I hope that set someone free today as it did for me, we don't always need the perfect words to articulate a prayer to God he cares sooooo much for you. He understands that sigh and that aching groan.
Now when I'm facing something difficult and I truly have no words and a groan is all that comes out I silently say "Lord you know exactly what that means...help me...."
So don't be so hard on yourself if your prayer isn't eloquent, just trust that he hears it all; the eloquent, the groan, the sigh, his name Jesus....AL OF IT!! He hears you TODAY!!
Love you friends!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: