Pages

Thursday, December 05, 2013

Feeling Distressed?!

This season can bring about some stressful times whether its finding the cash to buy gifts or stressing over upcoming events with family. Feeling pressure is something that is a part of life and I believe it's really all about how we react to the pressure and stress.
This morning I came across an excellent verse that got me thinking about what I need to do in times of stress. I'd like to share it with you:
'You let distress bring you to God, not drive you from him. Distress has goaded you closer to God, you're ;
More Alive,
More Concerned,
More Sensitive,
More Reverent,
More Human,
More Passionate,
More Responsible. '

What an image. To me it clearly paints a picture of how in stressful times or times of distress if we allow it to draw us closer to God instead of pulling us away from him he can make something beautiful out of it. Drawing closer to God in times of stress changes our focus outward and he can then shape our perspective. He can give us an awareness of people around us who may also be facing similar things that we can come along side each other and help each other out.
Whereas the opposite can also be true if we turn inward in times of distress we run the risk of becoming;
Less Alive,
Less Concerned,
Less Sensitive,
Less Reverent,
Less Human,
Less Passionate,
Less Responsible.
I don't know about you but something about that sounds robotic to me.
I believe if we take all those things that give us stress and bring them to God and allow it to deepen our relationship with him we can become more alive than we ever dreamed possible!!
Love you friends, have a great day!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: