Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What's Next?

Do you have a kid that asks you everyday what is coming up tomorrow?

I do, my Noah asks faithfully everyday "What are we doing tomorrow?" And everyday I answer as best I can, somedays it's not that exciting and other days something exciting is going on.

Did you know that we are to approach God in the same way as my son does with me everyday?

My son isn't afraid to come to me, he doesn't 'clean' himself up before he comes to me, he doesn't cower in the corner and wait for me to look his way before he asks, no way he comes to me cuddles up beside me and simply asks.

The same is true and possible with God, he wants us to come to him cuddle up beside him and to be excited for whats to come, to anticipate whats ahead while enjoying today.

I want to encourage you with a verse that I came across today and I hope it paints a picture for you as it did for me about what our relationship with God can look like.....

'The resurrection life you have received from God is not a timid, grave tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "Whats next Papa?" God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is and we know who we are: Father and children.' Romans 8:15-16(MSG)

He wants to walk beside you each and everyday, the good times and the bad and be like a little child holding daddies hand looking up at him saying 'what next papa?' He is holding onto you, it's not you holding onto him....do you think he will ever let you go?!?

Friends you are loved I hope you feel that in some tangible way today!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: