Pages

Thursday, November 07, 2013

One of Those Days


I was having a rough day altogether and I had made a not-so-master chef combo of shake n bake chicken and alphaghetti for supper. Already feeling frustrated with my day, lack of energy and ideas in the cooking department I guess I was feeling rather down on myself and using words to let everyone know what was going on in my mind when my 12 year old daughter speaks up...

"Mom you are really mean to yourself, and don't tell me it's one of 'those' days, you choose your attitude"

Ouch.

Yep there I was being schooled by my 12 year old and she was totally right.

No one complained about the meal in fact they enjoyed it and yet I used my words to defeat myself.
Sometimes God uses people to remind us of what he has been trying to tell is for so long this time I believe he was speaking through my child and it reminded me of the verse that reads 'Life and death is in the power of the tongue' was I speaking life to myself by putting myself down? No way that was death, using my mouth as a weapon against myself. The message was clear, stop putting yourself down, your worth comes from me, God your father, not in how you feel or even what you cook for dinner. If you put yourself down you are putting down what God himself created for good.

That brings to light attitude, my daughter was so right we walk through everyday choosing how we will act and react to what is going on around us and if we constantly wait for all our circumstances to line up properly to have a good attitude it won't happen. Can't blame pms, circumstances or anything else I gotta choose my attitude and I chose wrong yesterday and I'm glad my daughter was bold enough to remind me!

I'm so thankful for a God that loves me and all my glaring imperfections, he is so faithful that when I bring my junk to him only he can make something beautiful out of the mess!!!

Be encouraged He can do the same for you!!

Lord I need your strength today for whatever lies ahead and thank you for the ability to choose a good attitude. Help me to speak life wherever I go and be a shining light of your love!! I love you Jesus ! Amen



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: