Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lay it down

Ever have days where it feels as though the weight of the world is heavy on your shoulders and your heart feels heavy?
I am having one of those days.
Every where I look there seems to be hurt, heartache, sickness, disease, broken relationships and a host of other needs. 
I am reminded of a time when I was experiencing the same feeling and God painted a clear picture on my heart and I would like to share that with you.
I was sitting at his feet unloading my cares, analyzing my cares saying
"Here you take this, you'll do a way better job with it than I ever could" or " this one seems hopeless Lord, its all yours" and so I went through many of my problems and handed the things I couldn't handle over to him one by one. 
As I got up to walk away he said,
'Louise what about those, the ones I see clearly in your eyes the care that is heavy on your mind and heart?!'
I slowly turned around and answered
"But Lord certainly there are some problems I should be able to handle on my own." 
To which he replied
'No sweet child, that is where you are wrong. I have promised to never leave you or forsake you and I have promised that my burden is light, how can that be so if you are determined to do this alone?  Do you trust me my child?'
"Yes Lord I do, I believe, help my unbelief" and so then and there I laid down the last of my worries and cares knowing that there is a God that cares more than I ever could, he longs to help his hurting children and  he loves boy does he love more than you or I could ever imagine. 
So lay it down, take your worries and cares to him, you may not instantly 'feel' better but I believe there is a sense of peace that will come if we continue to lay it down before him and trust him with everything.

Try it,
lay it down,
pray 
and then believe
that  he loves you more than you could ever know and ever imagine.

No comments: