Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

The Power of Vision

 Segrada Familia is a church in Barcelona Spain that started construction in 1882, yes you read that right 1882, 131 years ago (just did the math on my calculator cause that's how I roll).  A man by the name of Antoni Gaudi was commissioned to carry out the vision of this church, a vision from Francisco de Paula del Villar who died in 1901, a work which Gaudi continued until his death in 1926, since then various architects have worked on this building which is STILL being constructed to this day from the original drawings of the original idea.

I'm not here to give you a history lesson, honest....

I have had the opportunity to visit this site now twice and each time it has been an amazing experience and site to see, although it seems that each time I visit God has stashed a little nugget of insight into the visit and this second visit did not disappoint.

As I walked through the interior of this magnificent church and stood before the original drawings and models of the initial vision of this church God spoke quietly to my heart, and how many of you know that when you hear that voice, although a still small voice the truth echos in your ears louder than a banging drum.

This is what was said to me' Louise what if I gave you a vision for your life SO big that you knew it would never be completed in your lifetime, would you still be faithful in walking through the steps I have placed before you knowing that you would never see the vision completed?'

Immediately I was filled with emotion and couldn't keep the tears from falling.  Here I am standing in a building that has been in construction for over 130 years the initial vision of one man who had to have known he would never see it completed and here I am being asked if I would have the same drive, determination and faith to go ahead with a vision that I knew I would never see completed. 

To be honest I think it made me cry because I always thought the vision of my life to be about me, selfish yes.  I thought that if God had a purpose and vision for my life I would be able to see it all come to pass in my life instead of being only a part of it. Yet here he posed me with a question, would I be faithful to complete a task he set before me knowing I may not see the result or the vision completed.  It still brings tears to my eyes.  I know in my heart of hearts the answer is yes, to simply be used of God for ANY purpose at all is my hearts cry and my desire.  For him to then instill a vision in me so big knowing that I could never complete it on my own is then a dream of my heart.

So as I walked humbly through this building my heart was crying YES LORD USE ME the tears flowed freely, I didn't care who saw me I just knew in that moment I felt like Moses, I knew I was standing on Holy ground. 

What is he asking me to do? He is asking me to do my part, my part in the great commission and that is to seek and save that which is lost, to be a light shining in the darkness, that I believe is the ultimate vision and purpose for each one of us.

I fail, boy do I fail yet I know that if I continually pursue God with all my heart my steps will be directed, my light will shine and I can rest assured knowing that when my time is done here on earth that the torch will be handed down from generation to generation knowing that heaven is being populated by something that started as a tiny spark in my heart!!!

Thank you God for your goodness, your love and your still small voice that guides my heart!!

1 comment:

Conrad Hoeppner said...

God gives BIG vision which can only be accomplished with Him. Live for Him, Live BIG. Love it.