Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Never Alone

Sometimes it is hard to understand, that we can never really be alone.  As someone who went through a season of depression in my early adult year and after my daughter was born I could have been in a room surrounded by people that loved me and yet somehow I still felt alone and that I didn't matter.

Depression is a tough thing, it is something that really can't be explained unless you have gone through it and it is also something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.  How anyone can be so lonely and feeling lost is horrendous.

Yet there is hope, I battled against it and won.  I woke up one morning fed up with feeling so blue and I determined with God that together we would walk through this to complete healing and freedom from depression.

It wasn't easy, I can't even pinpoint when exactly I was free because it was a process.  In the beginning it was minute by minute asking God to help me through, speaking scripture.  Then it became hour by hour, day by day and so on until I realized I no longer had those feelings of complete hopelessness.

One thing I know for sure is that depression is something that God did not design and He aches to see His children wrapped up in that bondage, because that is what it is.  Depression is thoughts turned inward, and we were never meant to focus only on ourselves.  Jesus' entire journey of life here on earth had an outward focus, it was helping others, reaching out to others, healing others, speaking words of wisdom and faith to others.

I believe that we can all be healed and free from depression by reaching out to our creator.  His love can set us free, His words can set us free.  There is a part we play though, we must be active participants in seeing this healing come to pass.  It takes effort to study the word of God, it takes effort to speak the word of God and it takes effort to believe that what we are studying and speaking will come to pass.  Yet I know without a shadow of doubt there can be freedom.

I know there will be people that read this and say its' just my cross to bear', 'i have clinical depression', 'you don't understand where I am coming from', 'I have lived with this for many years you don't understand'.........you are right I don't understand, but I know someone who does understand, I also know that God is no respecter of persons and what He did for me He can do for you no matter WHAT the circumstance.  I know that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow and if he healed yesterday he can heal today and he can heal tomorrow.

I don't have all the answers by any means I can only share my journey to healing and that it came by connecting to my Saviour for dear life and seeking His purpose for my life, speaking His words of healing and scripture over my life and then walking out that process.

Do I still get attacked today by random feelings of depression, yes I do.  Like I said its a process I now know how to fight and speak and continually speak.  Trust me there were days when that is ALL I did was speak the word to fight. Overall though I have been set free and I am so incredibly grateful for that freedom.

I am NOT saying that medication is bad or that you should stop following what the doctors or professionals are telling you to do again all I am sharing is from my heart what my journey was, we all have our own journey that we are on just know that you are NOT alone there are so many people that are willing to share this journey with you!

I totally didn't sit down to write about this today, I had something completely different in mind and yet here it is.  I know that many many people deal with depression and God wants you to know you are NOT ALONE, you will NEVER BE ALONE and most importantly you do not need to FIGHT this alone.  He is the perfect guide, the perfect healer and the perfect friend and He has the way to to see you through to your healing.

God is love and He loves you so!!!!

Dear Heavenly Father
I ask you to be with each and every individual that reads this and especially with those that are fighting this nasty thing called depression. I pray that you give them a sense of peace and a knowing that they can fight this with you as their guide, Lord I pray for all thoughts of the enemy to be gone in the name of Jesus. Lord fill them with your love and your desire to see them set free and help them to see themselves as your child, a gentle kind Father that would do anything for their child.  Help them to also realize that the price of depression was already paid on the cross by your son Jesus and it was never your will to see them suffer with this here on earth!
I pray all these things in the name of Jesus,
Amen

Some of the Scriptures that helped me on this journey

Deuteronomy 28:13
Jeremiah 29:11
Psalm 139:13
Isaiah 54:11-17
Matthew 6;26
Luke 11;11-13
Matthew 7:7
1 Corinthians 2:16
2 Corinthians 5;17
1 Peter 5:7
2 Corinthians 10:5
Proverbs 23:7

1 comment:

Wanda said...

My darling Louise ~ What a deep, honest and insightful message to those who are trying to break free and cannot.

The other day, when i saw the little teddybear that came with the flowers that you sent when I started my cancer journey. I don't think I ever told you, but that little bear stayed with me for over a year. Every night, to the hospital. I always felt your love and care for me through that, and it always reminded me of my Lord who loves us both.

You are an amazing young woman, and I love watching God make you such a blessings to others.