Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"From the Darkness Shines A Light....."

Lately it seems that the pressures of the world having been pushing from all directions; a father in law diagnosed with cancer and undergoing treatment, a friend experiencing the loss of her dear brother far to early in life, another friend having her adoptive child being taken back by the birth parents, an attack on marriages all around and general struggles with various relationships.

Its easy to be overwhelmed with the pain, the hopelessness and the suffering and I admit there are times when I am just that, overwhelmed. I experience the pain so deeply that at times it feels my heart is literally breaking, its like I am getting a tiny tiny glimpse of the compassion God must feel towards those experiencing the direct affect of the hurt and suffering.  So how do I move forward amidst the heartbreak?!

I know I must and I will.

For God SO loved that He gave....He GAVE that is my answer. That is what I must do, I must give of myself, of what I have.  My time, a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on,unconditional forgiveness whatever it takes to those hurting and also share the HOPE that can only be found in HIM.  He is only one who can truly soothe a broken heart and dry the tears of the mother aching to hold her child one more time or the pain and suffering that comes with cancer treatment or the separation that comes with strained relationships.  He IS the answer, He IS the reason I must move on and fill my life with HOPE once again.

After all in only takes a tiny light to bring light into the darkness, I pray that I may always have the light to carry. When I feel as though the light is dimming that courage and faith would come from a relationship with my Saviour Jesus Christ to fan the flame brighter and brighter.

I fail... I fail each and everyday. Whether it be as a mother, friend, daughter or wife in some way or another I fail but there is always HOPE.  Each and everyday is a new day to start again and I must do what I can to shine the light in the darkness.

I pray in some way, my prayers are making a difference to those hurting.

For now I ache with those hurting and know deep within that JOY comes in the morning!!

"I will remain confident in this I will see the goodness of the Lord, I put my hope in him, He is the EVERLASTING God " lyrics from Everlasting God

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Louise, you are very wise for your years...this post is certainly a demonstration of how we should live our lives in the midst of difficulty.

I see you growing and becoming God woman for your family and friends. A godly woman. I will be keepin your family in my prayers.

Rose said...

Amen...You are an amazing example to us all....keep encouraging, preaching and loving, you rock!! Love you Girl!