Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Expectation

Today as I was drinking my Tim Horton's Coffee I had an interesting revelation. For those of you that don't live in Canada, Tim Horton's is a popular brand of coffee and a hot spot for coffee lovers. Every year they have a roll up the rim promotion where you actually roll up the rim of the paper coffee cup to reveal a prize. You can win anything from a free cup or coffee to a new car.
As I was enjoying a coffee and anticipating a win at the end of my delicious cup I was reminded of Gods love. Interesting?! Yes interesting that I would think of God's love while drinking in a cup of goodness.
It wasn't so much His love but expectation of His love revealed in the day to day.
See here I was anticipating finishing this cup of coffee and rolling up the rim to find that I, in the very least, won a free cup of coffee. I got thinking about Gods goodness and His very nature and how we should be waking up each and every morning in anticipation of His love and the God that we serve revealing himself to us in an intimate and personal way.
Yet most people are content to enjoy the cup of ground goodness and forget to roll up the rim, so to speak.
God wants us to awake each and every morning in anticipation of things to come, His goodness revealed through and in our lives and at the very least his JOY and PEACE that passes all understanding.
Imagine for a moment what our lives could be like if we awoke each morning in anticipation of things to come instead of dread and weariness and being content to just finish the cup?! Let's roll up the rim to see what HE has in store for us today!!
Tomorrow and everyday there after I want to wake up with the expectation that God has GOOD things in store for me, that I can make a difference where I am at, that my life does matter!!
Anybody else with me!?!

John 10:10 A thief comes to steal, kill and destroy. But I came so that they may have life and life in abundance.

4 comments:

LaughingLady said...

And you know what this post reminded ME of? That I bought TWO Roll-up-the-Rim coffees on Thursday and THREW BOTH CUPS OUT WITHOUT ROLLING UP THE RIM!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaack!!!!

But I'm all for the anticipation of God's blessings ~ great and small ~ each day!! ;)

Rose said...

I obviously need to open my eyes and heart a little...that was a beautiful post Louise...you always make me think and want to grow more with your insights.. thanks for being such an encouragement to me. I love and appreciate you so much.

Kathy and Carl said...

It makes for such a different mind set when you wake up anticipating God will have something good in store for you. Such a mindset of hope!

Wanda said...

Thank you for a wonderful devotional to have with a cup of coffee.

You walk with the Lord is showing through..... Hugs