Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

JUST ENOUGH

The other day upon closer inspection of my underwear as I was 'wasting' some time I noticed the fabric contents and it stated there was 7% spandex and 93%nylon. Really of no significance at all until it dawned on me, hey I need the 7% spandex in the fabric so that my underwear stays on my body otherwise there would be some serious issues with this pair of undies.

As I was thinking more about this I thought , how strange that you only need a little bit of something for it to go a long way. Then I thought about my life and about how much time I am giving to the things around me, am I only giving just enough, the 7% required in order for it to 'stick' with me?

Brings me to my relationship with God, He in fact wants all of me, not just a percentage and how often do I say to Him, 'sorry I only got 10% that you can have today, maybe tomorrow will be a better day'. When He in fact in His still quiet voice is saying, give me your all and only then will you find the peace and happiness that you are longing for.

Often I think I can do everything on my own and when I become desperate only then do I reach out for help and give Him what is left instead of going to Him in the beginning and leaving ALL my cares and concerns at His capable feet and then rest in His loving arms. I so long to give God all my 100% knowing I won't lack in any area because I know that He cares for me and He truly wants the best for me.(Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, they are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope.)

So today as I go about my day I want to remember to daily surrender my all to Him and not just enough'.... and to think these thoughts all started with a pair of pink undies.

God you are so good and faithful to reveal yourself even in the small things, today I am grateful for your love, your blessings and the peace that you offer me when I surrender my all to you.

4 comments:

LaughingLady said...

God does work in mysterious ways! ;) Good lesson. Doing everything ~ EVERYTHING ~ "as unto God" does seem impossible sometimes, but so often I find that's another example of something we simply have to choose. It isn't necessarily something we're going to FEEL like doing, certainly not all the time. We're selfish by nature and somehow we have this belief that serving God isn't going to be fun; that dedicating everything we do, think, and say, to Him, will make us boring and weird.

But as I am learning, satisfaction in life and glorifying God aren't actually mutually exclusive. God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him. When our heart attitude is a general outpouring of gratitude for His love, we tend to be willing to give a larger percentage of ourselves.

Great thoughts, Louise!

Wanda said...

I'm so glad you and God have a sense of humor.

So many times, the little things in life (pink undies) teach us huge life lessons.


So enjoyed your meditation.

Love and Hugs
Wanda

Kathy and Carl said...

How great is that that God can speak to us through some panties! I'm heading to my sock drawer....

It is hard to surrender, and I struggle with it uber big time. I don't know why I think I can do it on my own. I have to agree with LaughingLady that surrendering to God and having satisfaction in life can be hand in hand. Makes perfect sense. Thanks Louise.

Roo said...

love this post! xo