Pages

Friday, March 05, 2010


Decisions

How many of you out there are like me, you love to make decisions when they are easy, when they require little or no sacrifice? It's the decisions that require me to move out of my comfort zone into the unknown that are decisions that I may shrink away from.

What if this decision you know is the right one ,does it make it any easier?

In my case I don't think those decisions are necessarily 'easy' ones. For me the decisions that I know are right and require sacrifice are the tough ones. An important decision that will leave me without doing so much of what I want to do, that requires I have to give something up, is tough...seems selfish? It is selfish yes.

In one particular decision I am making there will be sacrifice, and yet I know there will also be reward. There will be a full reliance upon God, which is a good thing, and I know that He can do more than I can even ASK, THINK or IMAGINE(Eph 3:20).....isn't that incredible? Even though my flesh may not be in agreement my spirit is at peace. That is how I know the decision is the right one, however tough it may be.

Decisions are the crossroads in life, where there can be incredible growth, depth of insight and learning. Even though they may not be easy and require sacrifice on my part I believe that as long as I follow the peace of God in my decisions I am making the right ones.

Thank-you God today for being with me when I am making important decisions, it is only with you and through you that I know life is worth living. You alone can bring a peace that passes all understanding and today I trust and fully rely on you that you work all things for the good of those that love you. Praising you today Father ~ yours always ME




The doors we open and close everyday decide the lives we live. Flora Whittemore

4 comments:

Rose said...

Hi Sister, that was a beautiful post...I'll pray that you have peace beyond all understanding about your decision. I love you and miss you Girl!

andrea said...

I'm battling some decisions too. I have felt like Jonah in the past...and refuse to go there again....but still making the decision is tough! praying that you feel God's strength and wisdom in these matters.

Kathy and Carl said...

Praying for you as you make those tough decisions. It is totally worth living to have to go through those circumstances. How else do we grow? How do we know that the things we decide to do now for the Lord won't bring so much blessing to us and those around us? The here and now, and how we live it, shapes the future.

Wanda said...

Rather profound, Louise ~~ decisions that take sacrifice.. those are the ones God's reaches down and holds us close when we do what's right!

Love and prayers
Wanda