Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Goodbye

Last Sunday Conrad's grandfather went to be with Jesus at the age of 91. He lived a good long life and has such a legacy he is leaving behind with 10 children, 43 grandchildren and 55 great-grandchildren. He was a good man and we are happy that he is healthy and whole now in heaven.

I wanted to share this poem, it was found among his personal belongings in his handwriting and it was shared at the funeral :

T'will not matter not if cherished friends
On whom I leaned in vain
Have wounded me by word or deed
And left me with great pain
What matters is can I forgive again and yet again?
It's not "Have they been true?"
But " Lord, have I been true to them?"

T'will matter not when evening comes
How rough the road I've trod
If only I have walked with Him
And led some soul to God
For when I wake to be like Him
Who saved me by His grace
Earth's pain will vanish when I catch
One glimpse of His dear face.



Goodbye Grandpa, we know we will see you again :)

6 comments:

Kathy and Carl said...

Having a loved one pass away is always hard. So we will keep you all in our prayers. Yet, his testimony and the poem, praise God for his life!

Kathy and Carl said...

Having a loved one pass away is always hard. So we will keep you all in our prayers. Yet, his testimony and the poem, praise God for his life!

andrea said...

Good byes are so hard. What a touching poem...it's about the big picture. Love that! thinking of you and your family...may the words in this poem give you comfort as you miss your great man of faith!blessings!

Kathy Veenstra said...

What a beautiful poem and legacy. You have our sympathy.

ValleyGirl said...

What a beautiful poem ~ and obviously a legacy that mirrored those words closely. So sorry for your loss.

Wanda said...

Wonderful tribute and post.

Wow....what a legacy! So many children to remember him!