Pages

Wednesday, December 02, 2009


There is a Cookie......

There is a cookie calling my name. It sits on the counter all covered in sweet sprinkled icing shouting 'Louise come and get me'....' I am yummy'.....'you know you want to' ....'I taste so yummy with a tall glass of milk' ....and so the voice rings on, twice today I have answered that call and yet it continues to call to me.

Before you get all worried that I am truly hearing voices in my head, I'm not, I speak of the hold that those cookies seem to have on me every time I pass them. Generally when I make cookies I have no problem passing them by, not giving them a second thought, but these, these are different.

These are "Grandma's Cookies" and it was my first attempt at making them, they aren't as melt in my mouth yummy as my mom's version but none the less they are TASTY.....SO I decided to share this lip smacking recipe with you all. ENJOY but be careful, they will start calling your name too ;) I will now try very hard to avoid them at least till Friday ;)

Mom's Recipe Shhhhhhh

2 cups sugar
2 cups sourcream or liquid whip cream
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
4 cups flour - add more to make a soft dough not overly sticky

- refrigerate a fews hours or overnight
- either roll out approx. 1/2 inch thick and cut into circles or scoop out and roll into balls and flatten

- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes

Make your favorite icing ( I use the one on the icing sugar bag) and spread on cookie. Cookie gets softer when stored in container, they also freeze well!
ENJOY :) !!

4 comments:

PamJ said...

because you are on the 'other' team i say eat away!! heheheh ;)
but really, they look good and i want to try the recipe, after the 11th that is... thanks for sharing!!

Kathy and Carl said...

Drool....guess what we're doing this weekend? :)

Andrea said...

I just made a similar recipe of these this afternoon! I'm gonna wait till the weekend to taste test them though...if I can. Right now they're not tempting me since I haven't gotten around to the icing yet. But once that happens tonight, it's going to be a lot harder to say NO!!

andrea said...

mmm...i'm holding my 'gramma cookie' recipe. looks much like yours/your moms recipe. it doesn't matter how often i make them (yours look fabulous btw)...not quite like my moms...hope my kids can same the same about my baking in a few years!