Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

TODAY IS THE DAY.....

Today is the day I fly away, a day I have planned for almost a year. I hop on an airplane to take me over the pond, first stop London, England for two days of sightseeing and visiting some friends, then onto another grand adventure.
My stomach is turning with nervousness, I just finished saying goodbye to my kids. It was hard I was so strong holding back the tears till my middle child burst into tears while he was hugging me, telling me how much he loves me and that he will miss me.....well that was enough to open the flood gates, I cried openly. My oldest was a rock, strong hugs but no tears. My girlie was joking, laughing and smiling trying real hard to be strong telling me to have fun and that she too will miss me. So I stood there on the top step in the garage still in my jammies waving goodbye to my kids as they biked away from our house tears streaming down my cheeks. This is not easy. I have prepared little gifts for them, for at least every other day while I am gone along with a note from me, just a little token to remind them of how much I love them.
I know I will have a good time and I am blessed to have this experience of seeing the world with a friend, my prayer is for safety and protection my myself and my family and for my kids and hubby to have a good time at home together :)
Thanks everyone for your prayers, have a great day and I will post again along this adventure!!

4 comments:

Jody said...

HAVE FUN!!!! I will be praying for safety and an awesome time of girlfriend fun! Also praying for Conrad and the kids, you're a woman to be missed. Love you, safe travels. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Rose said...

Man i missed climbing into your suitcase!!!Oh well I'm sure it will feel almost like we were all there with the awesome pictures you'll take. I love you and hope you have a wonderful relaxing time. I'll be praying and praying and praying!!!Stay safe! imago

Kathy and Carl said...

Oh, it's hard to be apart for while, but think of all the adventures you will have (and gifts!) when you return. And God will keep you safe and protect your family while you are gone.

andrea said...

saying goodbye to our kids can be crazy emotional! you will have a wonderful time...how exciting to be able to have an adventure like this. oh, and I love the gift idea for your kids...so thoughtful and they'll appreciate it so much!