Pages

Monday, October 05, 2009


Picture of Peace


Peace is something that I long for more in my life, peace in any circumstance. Knowing that no matter what I am walking through I can have a peace that passes all understanding.
I was struck by this as I watched my daughter fast asleep on the couch in the living room area of our home, there was busyness all around her, people talking, the t.v. on, the computer buzzing and all the while she slept in a peaceful slumber, her face the picture of utter contentment. It didn't matter what was going on around her she slept, she wasn't touched by the noise around her.
Isn't that a picture of life?! there is always noise around us, whether it is the world screaming at us to look and be different to fit the 'norm' or an actual physical noise of always having to be entertained, never a quiet moment to ourselves.
Looking at my daughter my soul longed for peace, for that special time alone with just me and my God, where I know without a shadow of doubt that I am loved unconditionally and completely and being filled with a supernatural peace a peace that cannot be stolen by the noise of the world.
This is my prayer today....God help me to be filled with your peace and filled with contentment that can only come from more of you in my life.

5 comments:

Nadine said...

Great post my friend. Love the picture of your daughter. Peace and contentment are good things - I join you in your prayer.

LiLi said...

Only to have Peace...seems to easy but yet so hard in this day and age! I think that she was in such great place of peace because of her comfy sweater...heehee!!!

Kathy and Carl said...

Because sometimes my head aches from all the noise and distraction and the clutter in life. Sigh, I just want it to be quiet, so I can hear God, have his peace and just rest already!

I love your honesty in your posts. And of course, I always love the pictures.

Alexis Jacobs said...

What a beautiful post.

andrea said...

hmmm...peace! thanks for the thought provoking post Louise! powerful!