Pages

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Angel Hair

A while ago my daughter heard that people donate their own hair to help make wigs for people that have lost their hair due to cancer or other ailments.
After she heard that she wanted to help, so today was the day.
She cut 10 inches off of her hair to donate.


Here is the before picture :




Then during the cutting of the ponytails:



Then after it was all done:


The new hairstyle :



I think she is sweet, hair will always grow back and what she did showed so much kindness. I am proud of my girly and her willingness to help.

Here is more info on the organization if you want to help!!
http://www.angelhairfoundation.org/angelkids.cfm

11 comments:

Roo said...

very cool.
and VERY sweet.
love her new hair do.

Gaby said...

She looks so much like you now! Way to go Kez!

Josephine said...

Beautiful! Love her new do!

AndreaH said...

So cute - she looks just like you! Kaitlyn did the angel hair in Jan/08, too!

andrea said...

i love that idea! what a cute style! i looked up that site...very cool cause!

Matilda said...

So proud of you Keziah!!! And your hair looks amazing!

Rose said...

That is so amazing she'll make some little girl so happy! Way to go Kezy!!! I'm proud to be your Aunti! Your cut looks so amazing it makes me want to cut mine too! Only my pony tail would only be a quarter as thick!LOL

Nadine said...

She's an amazing young lady. What a sweet heart she has to help others. I love the new do - she looks great!!!

Wanda said...

I was touched to tears with your daughter's selflessness and sensitivity to someones elses need.

What a sweetheart. Someone will have a beautiful wig and feel so special wearing it.

Give her a big hug from me.

Love and Hugs
Wanda

Alexis Jacobs said...

My daughter has donated her hair twice. What an awesome thing for your daughter to do! I love her new haircut.

Alexis Jacobs said...

My daughter has donated her hair twice. What an awesome thing for your daughter to do! I love her new haircut.