Pages

Monday, July 06, 2009


Living A Life....

That is what it is all about isn't it??.... Living a life. Ours is a once in a lifetime chance of living. Some days I honestly want to put my life on a shelf and have it sit there for a while and press pause, other days it couldn't go fast enough and some days it is just the right pace.

Each day is a new challenge, if its not dealing with the kids constantly fighting each other, it is a challenge in marriage or in just dealing with myself. Everyday I have the choice to do something or sit back and let life happen to me and truth be told I sometimes enjoy sitting back too often.


Right now though I am dealing with kids that are constantly fighting or arguing over something so being positive is really a choice. I realize that it is a normal part of growing up with siblings, doesn't make it any easier though for a mom to have to deal with it. I just gotta cling to the fact that I love my brothers now after all the fighting we did and I can hope and pray for the same things or my kids.

I do want this summer to be filled with making memories, with my kids, my family and my friends. I don't want my kids to remember me for just correcting them, nagging them etc. This means being proactive on my part and finding ideas of things to do. So I guess I better starting finding some good ideas quick because right now military school is sounding good ;) !!

To all you mothers out there dealing with kids all summer long, hats off to you all!! Hope you all have a fabulous summer!!

4 comments:

PamJ said...

oh darling!! so you are going through that too? my oldest are now 7 and 2 and the bickering is constant! it will make for a long summer for us too if i don't keep the focus on them and keep em busy :)

Wanda said...

How I remember.... In fact I had two grandsons for a day and night, and took me two days to recover, but I got to send them home....

My hat's off to all mom this summer with kids.... You'll do find...and some day..they will thank you!!

LOL:Wanda

LiLi said...

Oh I agree....we can only pray that at some point they will look back at all their fighting and toast to the "good ole days"!!! You are a GREAT mom...keep up the good working at making awesome memories!!

raisingbabies said...

My kids tend to fight as well. I guess it is a normal part of growing up...I'll have to remember that in the thick of things.