Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009



Two Farmers


How do two farmers pass the time at a local town fair?

Talking fields, tractors, feeding systems, pigs and then repeat.

This is a picture of my dad and a fellow farmer that he met up with at the fair this weekend, they stood there chatting for over an hour and didn't notice the crowds passing by.

Some things never change, sure the time period and maybe the lack of overalls and a missing piece of straw in mouth but when two farmers come together with a common interest you might as well keep on walking and let them do their thing or find a seat close by and admire the passion that they have for what they do because after-all where would we be without the farmers in our world?

7 comments:

Allan Dueck said...

Amen Sister! Farmers Feed Cities!

Only 3 more sleeps until the party beigns. Prepared for something special?

Wanda said...

Yes, I will add my Amen! My grandpa and dad were both farmers. They feed all of us!!

ValleyGirl said...

I LOVE that about living in a farming community!!!

Gaby said...

And another AMEN over here! Just a reminder: a lot of them are needing our prayers because they are still feeling the effects of the flood and all the rain we've had.

I wish I could be that passionate about my work.

Kathy and Carl said...

To have a job that is more than a job, but a section of your being. That's passion. What a thing to admire. And seriously, it's so cute to think of all those people milling by them, chatting up a storm!

andrea said...

seriously an awesome pic...which made me (aka farm girl)smile...got to ask..is that Mr.N?

Louise said...

Not sure if that is Mr.N. I forget his name. He was in the church I went to when I was growing up.
:)

Thanks for all your great comments everyone!!