Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009


Sweet Cuddles and an Abundance of Understanding

My brother and sis-in-law Candy bought a baby lamb, they have 40 acres of land and have the most beautiful place for this baby to eventually graze. It is the sweetest little thing named Andy. He loves to cuddle and sit among people and when there is no one around it has a little baa, very sweet.
My Ezra has fallen in love and spent many hours playing with Andy, running around and also cuddling. Andy spent time amusing all the kids as well as the adults, sat on my lap for a while and kept me warm.
I never knew that those animals were so sweet and loved being around us humans. Takes me to the parable in the bible (Matt 18:12-14)where the shepherd went back for the one lamb that was missing, a story to remind us all that no one is ever meant to be left behind and that God cares for each one of us as individuals. I can now see why they used that story to deliver that message to us. A sweet lamb with a precious little cry is enough to pull anybody's heart strings, how much more precious our cry out to God when we are lost and how much more His desire to meet us each where we are at.
A great reminder to me and a neat experience to hold this little lamb and know that we are both precious in the eyes of our creator.

8 comments:

Kathy and Carl said...

Oh, how utterly sweet. I didn't know that Lambs were so sociable and cuddly. And it is a good reminder how much more precious we are. If we are just moved to cuddle with one of these little creatures, I wonder how much more God is moved to hold us.

ValleyGirl said...

This is so true. Aren't those real life "oject lessons" awesome?!

candypb said...

Wow, I almost lost a tear! Thanks for those sweet words of my new little baby. He is such a joy to have around. Shel and just came in from building the new garage doors. After worying about him last night I couldn't go another with out doors to keep him safe. He's never on a leash anymore unless we go inside. We can already see how much he looks at us as his protecter and safety. The words you shared are so true. The way this little guy has a realationship with us, we have with God. I can see why God calls us his sheep.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

What a sweet post...!!!

andrea said...

what a powerful post! i really liked you analogy...brought tears to my eyes!

Becky said...

That is so true and such a good reminder, Louise! It's easy to feel insignificant sometimes, but He is listening to our hearts cry:)

Lili said...

I didn't know either that they were so cuddly...I love your insight!!

CC said...

Powerful object lesson is true!