Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009


Special Times....

Today I had the pleasure of taking Ezra my middle child out for a date. I do this every year on or around their birthdays, take them out of school and make them feel special.
Our date started out going shopping and picking out a few special birthday gifts, small ones this year because I am taking all three kids to the Jonas Brothers in July and that is their big birthday gift.
So as we are walking through the mall Ezra grabs my hand and says ' thanks mom, this is the awesomest day ever'. Then we headed out to lunch at a 'fancy adult restaurant' as he calls it, as we approached the restaurant I noticed we'd be the first people there and I said that to him, he replies 'well then we will have a real date with each other and spend some quiet time together'...too cute. We had a fabulous/quiet lunch and were able to discuss so many different topics without his brother and sister there to interrupt. We talked about how he felt about being the 'middle child' and about how he is being disciplined and a bunch of other things....it was so special and it warmed my heart. He is such a special kid and I love going one on one with the kids and seeing a different side of them when they are alone.
He said so many special things one of them being ' no matter how much we argue mom I will always love you.'......sigh......Even though I fail too often it is amazing to see love and grace extended even from a child.

Happy Birthday Ezra, you are incredibly special and loved. You have an amazing future ahead of you!!
{{{{{Hugs}}}}}
**top picture taken at the restaurant with my crackberry
***other pic taken mothers day

7 comments:

andrea said...

what a great idea. time alone together. He sounds very sweet and thoughtful and very excited for his special day with his mommy.
Louise, you are inspiring me as you parent your kiddos. Happy to hear that you had a great time!

Kathy and Carl said...

What a wonderful day to spend one on one with Ezra. Such a great idea to have dates. Those times build connections, very important connections.

candypb said...

Glad you two had a great time. Can't wait to spend your B-Day weekend with you Ez. Love you both Big Much.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

That truly sounds like a beautiful, memorable day Louise! I adore that shot.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

How sweet!! What a fun night!!

Gaby said...

Louise, you are such a good mom. Happy Birthday, Ezra!

Becky said...

I love this idea, Louise! It is so important to connect one on one...I think I'm going to 'steal' this birthday ritual:)