Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009


Breath of Fresh Air.....

You know how it is when you feel like you've been going around the same problem in your head over and over again and somehow thinking that by going over it again and again that somehow it will be solved??

Then along comes someone and gives you a new perspective, a new take on it, a look from the outside and it feels like you have finally exhaled and taken in a long deep breath of fresh air.

I am the 'ask the questions and expect immediate answers' type person. I am so guilty of expecting God to show up and give me the answers when I think I need them instead of waiting for His timing and His presentation of the answer. Today that answer came in the form of a friend, someone that I am able to share my heart with completely without any judgement someone who inspires me to be a better person. What I got was not an 'Abra cadabra type make it all better type answer' but rather steps to walk out my questions. Taking actual steps forward so that direction can come with the overall outcome being real solid answers to questions that I have, after all you can't steer a car that is standing still.

This past couple of weeks has been tough searching for answers and each time feeling like I am coming up empty and today I feel like I have been a given a glimmer of light on my path and that I can take small steps everyday in becoming more of what God wants me to be.

Ask, Seek, Knock - Matt 7:7-11

7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; those who seek find; and to those who knock, the door will be opened.

Today I am thanking God for answers that come in His timing and His way!! and for friends who are willing to share their life without fear or intimidation with complete honesty and boldness!

7 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Ah, waiting on God.... this is a true test for mothers! We're surrounded by definites and live by schedules, but God isn't bound by those silly rules and it's SO hard to accept that!!

It sounds like you have a very wise and wonderful friend ~ I'm glad there's new light shining on your path. And that you're breathing again!

Nadine said...

Waiting on God is easy sometimes, but when you get the answer you need - priceless.

candypb said...

Totaly know what your talking about. You helped me think differently once too. I'm glad that you can now see progress. Its an amazing feeling eh?

~Swankymama said...

That is wonderful. Isn't it great that He gives us friends like that? And uses them in our lives? Hugs!

Wanda said...

Oh I know those miles of cords and wires... ( I tried to hide mine behind a carboard)

So glad you are up and running...

it's a gong show... said...

those kinds of friends are priceless louise. cherish her!

Kathy and Carl said...

I can totally relate. It's like I put in my fast food order, and expect it in 30 seconds or less. And without getting out of my car either. Sigh, such a learning curve. But God gives us good friends, and what a blessing that bit by bit we continue to learn. Thank you for sharing Louise!