Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

AGGRESSIVE TYPE WOMAN.....

Well the Easter weekend was exciting and somewhat uneventful. We took the kids plus and extra kid to a neighboring city for the weekend as Conrad had to work a home show on EASTER weekend,( I mean who plans a home show for Easter weekend), anyway.... So the kids spent every waking minute swimming and they felt super special to be able to order room service for supper twice, yup lazy mom not wanting to wait in line-ups with kids and wait in a restaurant for food so we ordered up, it was nice.

So I am driving my van home alone(3hour drive) with the kids on Sunday headed to my parents for a gathering as Conrad had to stay back to work Sunday all day. So we are approx. 1 hour into our drive when Ezra shouts from the back " Mom there is something making a really weird noise". I shut off the music and sure enough there is something strange going on. So I pull over climb out of the van in my four inch heals all dressed up for our gathering and bend down and check out the van from the bottom only to find my MUFFLER DRAGGING ON THE GROUND. Well I had a few choice words running through my head, none of which actually made an exit out of my mouth :) I climbed back in the vehicle and called Conrad, he explained he could be there in an hour to try and fix it or I could try and do it myself. Told him I would call him back and got changed into dirty clothes (in front of all the kids, to which Ezra said 'seriously mom that is sick' yes thank you son for that ego boosting comment). So once I had all my rolls safely hidden in place I asked one of the kids for their shoelaces. Once I got the shoelaces in hand I went the back of the vehicle to fix this thing, climbed under the van, tied up the muffler and IT WORKED, away we went, made it all the way home, dropped of the van at the shop and borrowed a vehicle to go to my gathering, which by the way was fabulous :) I love my family.

This morning I walked over to the shop to let the mechanic know what happened as I walked in the door he says 'Hey shoe lace lady' ah okay 'Hello.' I guess Conrad already called to explain. As I was explaining further what happened the mechanic says with a chuckle ' yes you are one of the aggressive type women'.......um say what???

As I am walking home I am pondering that statement, AGGRESSIVE TYPE WOMEN....is that a good thing? So I got the job done to drive the van home and that makes me an aggressive woman? Okay interesting....

So what do you think would you want to be called and AGRESSIVE TYPE WOMAN??

8 comments:

Pam said...

I would not have used the word aggressive- I would have used the word resourceful! Good for you for figuring it out on your own- I know I would have probably had to wait the hour to get help! Glad the rest of your time was good though.

svea said...

take it as a compliment, and I would also agree with pam that agressive is not the word for what you did or are necessarily, that is unless agressive means resourceful, brave, optimistic, sweet, strong, and fun! You go girl!

Andrea said...

I agree with the other gals -- not the right word. BUT..I do believe he meant it as a compliment.

So either way -- YOU ROCK, girl!!

LILI said...

Take it as a compliment...I think he thought aggresive enough to be determined to get under that van, get dirty, get the job done and not let the situation ruin your Easter gathering. I on the other hand would have sat there and cried until a passing vehicle pulled over feeling sorry for me...so in a good way he was right. So proud of you!!

andrea said...

I think he was so incredibly proud of you...either way...so am I!!!
I think he was very impressed with your creative and innovated mind!

CC said...

I don't think I'd mind being told I was aggressive. But like the others said, this was more of a self-sufficient go-getter type of thing.

Kathy and Carl said...

You weren't being an aggressive type women (men, and all their not-quite- there-descriptive words....) I think you were being a typical woman.

You were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Like MacIvor in heels amazing!

~Swankymama said...

Well, hmmm, it would depend on the reference!

I am sure he meant it as a compliment!!!

smooches!
:o)