Pages

Sunday, March 08, 2009

WHEN IS IT TIME TO LET GO?

My dear daughter has fallen in love not with a boy, but with a pair of mittens. These mittens go everywhere with her on these cold Canadian days. They follow her to school, church and even the doctors office where I get a strange look from the doctor and I reply to the look with, 'No really, we can afford new mittens, in fact she has not one but TWO other options to choose from' ...yet she hangs on to her favorite. The dear doctor then replies with a wink ' maybe these need to get lost?!'.....I begin to nod in agreement with the wise man when out of the corner of my eye I see my daughter fold her arms, her mittens safely resting in the fold of her arm and a glare beginning to form and then it comes ,THE threat 'don't even think of it mom.'
Every time I see these little friends I pick them up and walk them over to the 'bin of death' and as I am about to drop them into their new home I hear my daughter say 'don't even think of it mom' and I stop...
SO I send my daughter off to school everyday with her favorite mittens wishing, hoping that someday soon she will look at me and say...'okay mom I think it is time to let go.' It's either that or spring will hopefully come soon and she will no longer need mittens.
I could get into so many deep theories and thoughts on this topic but instead I have decided to share with you all the precious mittens that should really have a name of their own by now........here they are.....aren't they beautiful?! (if you want a close look, click on the pictures to view a larger image :} )

13 comments:

matilda_rempel said...

That is so funny! I was thinking, how bad could they actually look but now I understand why you want to throw them away!!

Gaby said...

WOW!!!! That is soooo funny! Well, hopefully they get lost somewhere between spring and the fall of next year. So funny!

candypb said...

Hot Kez! I'm sure they don't even keep your hands warm anymore. lol... Sounds like you and Jadden have the same love. Your in love with somthing warn and tatered, but only loved by you.

Kathy and Carl said...

Okay, they are a bit...ummm....well....Maybe something really significant happened to her while she was wearing these mittens. I can't see why else she would hang on to them! Maybe you can make them into some kind of patchwork do-dad to hang on the wall. She gets to keep them forever, you get to get her new gloves!

Valarie Lea said...

What has she been doing in those things?? Must be some kind of heavy duty work. :)

Maybe if they did go "missing" instead of throwing them away, put them away to show her in about 10 years. :)

Jody said...

Too funny!! Is it a matter of her letting go of her mitts or us as moms learning to let go of the reigns in things that don't really matter in the big picture?! I can't imagine the looks you would get walking around with those mittens!!

andrea said...

they are awaiting spring too it looks like! retirement is near! it could have been a different story like.. you buy the mitts and she looses one a day after you bought it, never it wear them again...
looks like you got your money out of this pair!
very funny!

Anonymous said...

wow, I wasn't expecting them to look that bad!!! That is hilarious! But really, nothing a good patch or two can't heal?!! haha

Shelley

lil ole' me..... said...

Yeah, it looks like those mittens have definitely served their purpose!

You'll have to let us know when they do get retired! :)

Wanda said...

She should put them in a shadow box and hang them on her wall.

Thanks for all your love and prayers....



LOL:Wanda

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh what a hoot. It really does make you wonder WHAT she was doing with those gloves (along with the question does she still have her hands attached)? :)

Nikki and Shane said...

Great story telling - I wondered what they could possibly look like and I certainly didn't picture that!

Alexis Jacobs said...

Too funny! She sure loves them. I really like the shadow box idea.