Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

A tidbit about my trip.....

This one is entitled FRUSTRATED.
SO the week before we left on the cruise I went shopping for the perfect bathing suit, I spent HOURS searching for something I could wear and I finally found something that I actually liked. I packed it and was excited to wear it, I packed an old bathing suit of the same color as well just in case I needed another one. WELL we get to Minneapolis and decide to lighten our load a bit so that we can buy a few things at the other end, so I decided to take out my extra bathing suit and leave it in the vehicle. We arrive on our cruise and I am wanting to head to the spa and begin the search for my bathing suit top and realize...YUP I packed it in the vehicle with my old bathing suit..so here I was with bathing suit bottoms and no top...option number #1 topless all week..UM NOOOO, might get arrested for that, #2 borrow from my friend who is much smaller than me.... Can you say stuffing blimpie into a tube?! LOL #3 go shopping for one....the ship had none and I didn't want to go through the HOURS again while in port. SO here is what I did, I wore a lingerie top as my suit top(which actually was bathing suit material and was stretchy...no worries no lace here!!)....needless to say that most of my pictures have way too much cleavage for my liking....sigh....Tip to all travellers....DO NOT REPACK WHEN YOU HAVE ALREADY LEFT HOME!!!

WARNING:Following is a before and after shot of one of my favorite pictures of the trip at StingRay City in Grand Cayman and how I tried to 'fix' it.....proceed with caution.....sigh...

BEFORE


AND AFTER.....Ahhh much better.....

14 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

All I can say is - WOW, what a trip!! Regardless of the shot, I'd say you had a blast!

Jody said...

OH THAT SUCKS!! Just like you though to find a way to make it work and have an amazing time in spite (because?) of it!! I'm sure Conrad didn't mind the unedited version of your "bathing suit" top! ;)

Valarie Lea said...

I would never have known if you had not told me. Ahh I want to go on a cruise or to Jamaica now. :)

andrea said...

how disappointing! great way to make the best of it! I love editing! very cool! way cooler is being there touching those rays...cleavage or not! you made me giggle!

Gaby said...

I'm sure Conrad didn't mind! I didn't know you had become such an adrenaline junkie! I can hardly wait to see more of your pics.

LiLi said...

I actually preferred the "before" picture....haha!!! I agree I am sure Conrad was just fine with the alternate top. Might as well make the most of it!! Looks like you had a blast...I am definately going to do that the next time we are in Grand Cayman.

Wanda said...

Oh my dear Louise ~~ Swimming with a dangerous sting ray in your black lingerie.....you live on the edge don't you ~~~ (((smile)))

I feel your {{{{{hugs}}}}}}


LOL:Wanda

candypb said...

That really sucks. I didn't know that you got a new suit. Too bad you could wear it. But I love the cover up.

Roo said...

way to get creative missy!!!! :)

Randi said...

That thing is HUGE! You are much more braver than I.I'm so scared but the sting ray I didn't even notice your top. Ha!

svea said...

LOL , i am sorry to hear about the suit left behind, but you did marvelously, and I am sure your dear hubby did not mind a bit. ;) pretty impressive photo editing though can't even tell. i wish i was in that water right now. great pics!

gloria said...

lol, you're cute!

Andrea said...

Hot mama! :)

Scrapping Servant said...

LOL - I just recently did a little touch up too with a pic of my sister... bottom of this post...

http://scrappingservant.blogspot.com/2009/02/welcome-home-matthew.html

:) can you even tell? :)

I love that I am not the only one who does things like that!