Pages

Monday, February 09, 2009


Home Sweet Home...

We are home from an incredible trip. The Ruby Princess was more than I could have imagined, we were treated like royalty, I mean how many times to you get asked at dinner by your waiter if you'd like seconds of fresh Lobster, Shrimp and King Crab and then crack everything open for you and get the meat out in front of you and allow you to enjoy it...sigh...it was fabulous. (Yes it is always about the food for me ;) )
I got to spend a lot of time alone with Conrad we celebrated our 11th anniversary onboard and spent time with friends of ours. We also met a fabulous couple from England that shared a table at dinner with us about our parent's age and we now have a house all to ourselves for free to stay in England if we decide to travel there, they were super sweet. We got to laugh at all the unique sayings that they have over there that I was using that meant something altogether different than I had imagined...good times.
The ship itself was HUGE, so many different areas to explore and roam, there was movies under the stars outside ,which is a massive tv screen with amazing sound that played movies all day like The new Batman movie, 27 Dresses, U2 concert, Mama Mia and last Sunday the Super Bowl Live..it was amazing..really neat.
Conrad bought Brenda and I a one week pass to the Thermal Spa which again was just a treat and amazing. It consisted of heated marble contoured slabs to lay on, 3 different saunas.( 1 scented, 1 steam, and 1 dry heat with heated slabs to sit on), and 2 tropical showers and they only sold 40 passes for the entire ship so it was never full in there, it was a heavenly escape after a busy day.
All the stops were amazing as well.....Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Bahammas. I have pictures and will post more about our adventures soon.
Till then....I hope you all had a fabulous week!
I will post again soon I hope...have an exam this week and a bit behind :(

(click on pictures for larger images)

9 comments:

svea said...

welcome HOME!!!!! It sounds AMAZING.... so glad you are back and to milder weather. Big hugs and once you get resettled we should do coffee =)-

Erin said...

That looks and sounds incredible!! Wow! So grand and posh. I'm coming with you on one...just saying :)

Wanda said...

Glad you're back and had such a wonderful anniversary.

The picture is darling! You two cuties!!!

Alexis Jacobs said...

Sounds like an amazing time! I LOVE that picture of you together. wow! You are stunning!

andrea said...

wow! looks amazing! that's a great picture of you too! sounds like a perfect time away!

Kathy and Carl said...

Louise, what a great and relaxing and fun time. I totally agree, the food would be the highlight for me! But then there's the spa, and the concerts and the formal night....looks like you had a wonderful time. So glad, you deserve it!!

Roo said...

wow! wow! wow! WOW! W-O-W! what else can i say? WWWWOOOOWWWWW!!!!!

jennifer said...

The trip sounds heavenly. And you look like an angel in that white dress. STUNNING lady!

Becky said...

Wow...that looks amazing and sooooo relaxing! I think I'm ready for a trip like that after our road trip!