Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009


11 Years ago today.....It was a Friday just like this...

I was nervous, my stomach was turning with apprehension and excitement I had just turned 21 and it was now my day to walk down the aisle with my dad. At the end of the aisle waiting for me was a young 27 year old beaming with happiness and a bit of apprehension too. I was four months pregnant and hoping to get through the day without any sort of 'morning-sickness'.

Does this sound like the perfect way to start a marriage? Many would say no, even I would have said it before it happened to me. Conrad says he knew he wanted to marry me a week after he met me, I wasn't so sure but as time passed by I realized too that this was the man I wanted to be with. It was after that realization that we found out we were expecting. BIG news for our families and friends and a shock for us. Yes I admit this was a tough time for all of us but we all came together .Conrad and I never once doubted that we wanted to be together,the moms basically planned the whole wedding as I was dealing with being tired, career college and morning sickness. I am SO incredibly grateful for the two moms who planned the perfect wedding day. It was beautiful, black and white with red roses.

We have come a LONG way since then it seems, Noah was born 5 months after we got married, that was a huge adjustment for us, never once have we looked at him as a mistake, he was our surprise and the time for him to be born was perfect. Since then we have added two more to our family had our share of ups and downs but I still choose Conrad everyday. He is definitely the one for me,he has a heart for God, he is patient, kind, an awesome father, friend and lover.

Yes the beginning might not have been 'the fairytale way' to begin but I don't regret it one bit I consider myself blessed to have married someone who is willing everyday to work on the marriage part and has blessed me so much as a friend.

I am praying for MANY more years together.....the best is yet to come!!

Happy Anniversary babe!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Louise, congrats! You two are a beautiful couple!! Your love for each other shows for everyone to see. It's awesome to see how passionately in love the two of you are!!

Love ya,
Shelley

candypb said...

Awwwww!!! Loved the post chick. I love you all and I'm so thankful for you two and your marriage. Sheldon and I both look up to you guy's. We love to see the respect and love you have for each other. Sheldon has mentioned before that he would like tip's from Conrad on the whole "romance thingy." Seem's like he really looks up to Conrad.
God bless you both and have a great weekend.

Debbie said...

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary.

Wanda said...

Congratulations my dear Louise... I applaud you and Conrad that you chose life!! God was smiling at that decision.

My great grandson came into the world in a similar manner, and now they are married and a second little boy has blessed our home.

God smiles when we choose life!!

It's better to end like the Fairytale way than to start good and end in sadness!!!

I pray for your beautiful family and smile.

Love and Hugs
Wanda

JMBMOMMY said...

What a sweet story. Wishing you many more years together. It must be the day to write about love :)

andrea said...

what an amazing story! happy 11th! i just love love stories...

Kathy and Carl said...

Happy Anniversary! And thanks for sharing your story. God has really blessed you. Any big plans to celebrate the big 1-1?

And THANKS so much for the well wishes and hugs! Much appreciated.

Nadine said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you both. I love the honest way you wrote - so very touching.

Gaby said...

That was a beautiful post! I remember that day well. You were a beautiful and glowing bride and Conrad a very proud man to have that beauty by his side. I love you guys.

jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary. Your story was beautifully written.

OMGosh! My word verification is "rings"... I am thinking the muses of Blogland are sending an Anniversary wish too !

Alexis Jacobs said...

Happy anniversary!! Beautiful story. Our oldest was 2.5 when we got married. It isn't always how we expected things to be, but God has a plan for each of us.

gloria said...

i am a little late it seems, but then i was late almost 16 years ago too when i walked down the isle 5.5 months pregnant with my wonderful daughter. i would say it is the perfect way to start a marriage, worked out for me!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sister, I too think that was a beautiful post, yours and Conrads love shines so brightly and I remember your special day like it was yesterday and remember how you were glowing. I was honored to be a part of your wedding and still love the dress and would still wear it after 11 years, that's amazing!! You had awesome taste back then and still do!
Way to go, you chose life and each other everyday & continue to do so, you are both great examples to us as to what God had planned for marriage. Love you and pray you are blessed with many more healthy happy years!

svea said...

just love this post, such a beautiful testimony. Enjoy your timeaway. big hugs!

Roo said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! so great to celebrate marriage.
(and nice tan!)

Dana said...

that was a beautiful post!! happy anniversary to you and your hubs!

lil ole' me..... said...

Happy Anniversary!!