Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008


Dreams DO Come True......

My hubby and I have been to Cuba three times and each time my heart has grown a stronger tie to the place, so much so that in the evenings we have been playing the music that we bought there and both me and my hubby felt 'homesick' for Cuba.
It has been a dream for us to take the kids there and show them a completely different way of life and have them see for themselves the children who receive some of their toys....WELL we booked a trip last night for our whole family! I am SO super excited!! Our kids are thrilled and already looking through their toys to see what they can bring to give away. This is going to be amazing, my heart is brimming with joy! We'll be spending one week there in early January.
It IS true, Dreams DO COME TRUE!!!

9 comments:

svea said...

OH louise that is so amazing! david and i hope too to bring our kiddos overseas to see the world maybe even visit our compassion kids in tanzania or guatemala....what a blessing!

lil ole' me..... said...

Oh wow...
What an awesome experience for your family.
And, in January.... that isn't far away.
Can't wait to hear about the trip and what your kids thought about it.

Kathy and Carl said...

What an awesome opportunity for your family. You have obviously been changed by your cross cultural experience, and it is exciting to think how your children will grow and change because of this. Ooo...how wonderful!

candypb said...

Should I say anything???? hehe...
I'm still waiting for an answer, I've given him a dead line. Tomorow he has to decide!

Gaby said...

Louise, I am so proud of you and how you are teaching your children such valuable life lessons - how to care and show love to those less fortunate than us. I hope you and your family have an amazing time together.

andrea said...

i can't even imagine the joy of planning a trip like this. And to teach your kids about giving...this is a great example! your family will be changed by this! happy planning!

Roo said...

awww. memories like that are preiceless for a child. the special trips my parents took me one are imprinted forever in my heart.

Alexis Jacobs said...

What an amazing trip for your family! Wow!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

matilda_rempel said...

Good for you! Wish you an awesome trip!