Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008




What a Dream Come True.....

So a few days back I shared that my friend got me a ticket to see Kenny Rogers Christmas/Hits Concert and I shared that it is so sentimental to me because we always listened to his Christmas album when I was growing up so I have so many memories tied into it. I listen to it now with my own family...WELL last night was the concert! It was amazing, I laughed he is such an entertainer and I cried, heave sobbed practically because I felt so humbled being able to listen to those songs live, I felt like a kid again. The most amazing moment of the evening for me was going on stage ,yup ON STAGE with Kenny to help sing the Twelve Days of Christmas, how I got this you might ask? Well I volunteered jumped up and down waving my hands like a crazed teenager, he looked at me and said 'have you been drinking?' I said 'nope no way' he said 'come on up but I swear if you have been drinking I will make this very difficult for you.' So I ran up there little did he know that what he thought was me being 'happy' was me just genuinely excited to be in his presence...lol....SO I started out at #10 but #2 couldn't sing she was so giggly so he walked her over to me then led me with his arm at my back to position number #2 Two Turtle Doves, what a funny, nervous experience my mouth went immediately dry and I was freaking a bit, but I got my act together and was able to fulfill my part. The man beside me (A Partridge in a Pear Tree) was amazing he had a great loud voice and flapped his arms, had the whole place in a fit of laughter including Kenny, so neat!! I had a few moments of direct eye contact with Kenny ( he was just probably making sure I hadn't had 'too' much) and at the end I thanked him SO much for this experience, it was a moment I will treasure forever, our little cards were autographed by him. The BEST part of it ALL, my mom and dad were in the audience to see it all happen, I couldn't have wished it any better myself I have tears just thinking about it!!

15 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Very cool, Louise. Very cool. Judging from the run-on sentences, you still haven't recovered from your exciting moment-of-a-lifetime!! I'm picturing you trying to sit still while you tried to type this out ~ I bet it was difficult. Your excitement and enthusiasm is VERY tangible!!!

andrea said...

some people have all the luck! that is amazing! so happy you got the opportunity to go and that you went on stage. you just have energy that others are drawn too...even Kenny!
precious memories!

Jody said...

I still can't believe you actually made it on stage! When you said the other night that you were going to make it happen I hoped you wouldn't be disappointed - and here you are!!! Way to go girl! I am so happy for you. And even though you set your sights on Partridge in a Pear Tree, Two Turtle Doves is a pretty close second. :) Truly so pumped for you!!

Wanda said...

OH WHAT A CHANCE OF A LIFE TIME!!!!

You look darling, and I can't believe you were that close to my Country Idol!

It couln't happen to a more deserving person.... Yeah Louise.

LOL:Wanda

Roo said...

!!! first you're jumping off of cliffs and now you're singing with celebrities. :) carpe diam!!!
xo

candypb said...

THe stories you have to tell are just so amazing. I can picture you now, telling your grand-babies about all your adventures. You have so many stories, they might think that grandma is a little coo-coooo.
Love ya
Candy

svea said...

Wooo hooooo! That is sooo cool. I wish I could have seen it so great!!!!! BIg hugs and happy day to you Jesus sure loves you my friend

Kathy and Carl said...

Oh Louise! What an awesome experience. Not only being there but being able to sing with him on stage?! That's just amazing. And your weekend with the ladies sounded divine. What blessings!!

Debbie said...

So cool! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

LiLi said...

You are so funny Louise...I am blessed to have been able to give you a gift that you will cherish forever, double blessed to be there to share it with you AND triple blessed to be able to call you my friend....love you bunches!!!

matilda_rempel said...

That's awesome Louise!!

Nadine said...

Great photos from the concert. How exciting for you. God is so good to have you be one of the people on stage. What a nice token the autographed card is from the whole night.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

That is just SO awesome!! Love it!!

~Swankymama said...

Wow oh Wow oh Wow!!

Congrats. What an honor!!!!!!!

lil ole' me..... said...

NO WAY!

How awesome!!! :)