Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008


Spending time with the people you love...

There are so many different ways to spend time with someone and show someone you love them and yesterday I felt loved.
My dear brother who lives far away emailed me a link to a radio station that he was listening to, he asked if I would put it on at my house too so that we could spend some time together...as he put it 'I want to hang with my sis for a while, we can listen to the same music, kinda like looking at the same moon, but weirder.' This made my day, a simple gesture to some but to me it signified the love of a brother that I can't always feel when he is so far away.
Thanks Al for making my day....I was blessed!!


Miles Between Us

Though miles come between us,
And distance keeps us apart,
Nothing can ever change
The love inside my heart….


I may not be there with you,
Every minute of the day,
But you’re always here with me,
In at least a thousand ways,

Whether it be a thought,
Or a moment that we’ve shared,
It only takes a second
To get from here to there….

Though I cannot really feel
You here at my side,
It’s always nice to know
I’ve got these memories in my mind

-Author Unknown

12 comments:

Elin said...

Oh Louise, that's awesome!

andrea said...

how thoughtful! gotta love those brothers. i just posted about my brother too. we live closer but i think as we age, siblings connect better. so happy that you could share the time together. you do have a great brother, i agree! he is so funny...never understood why he ordered apple crisp in advance each time he comes over. i miss them(as in he and his "fam damily"-k, that is his quote!!!)
very sweet! hugs!

Valarie said...

Awww that is so sweet !!!

Ladybird World Mother said...

That is such a nice brother you have. Cant see my darling big brothers doing that for me!
Will tell them what your brother did and wait...

Wanda said...

What a thoughtful brother...That was an awesome jesture...

It would have made my day too.

all over the map said...

your brother rocks.
i so love this idea. what a sweetie.
sorry i've been so absent.
you are always in my thoughts.
xo

svea said...

it still makes me get choked up. what a blessing brothers are. btw you make me smile!

Nadine said...

Oh, that's just the sweetest thing I ever heard a brother do.

Dana said...

sounds like you have a great brother.... this was a very nice post!! loved it!

LiLi said...

Ahhh that was so sweet...I was crying. Post like this make me realize how much you miss being an only child....so make sure you cherish every moment with your siblings....near or far...good or bad because they are only yours and no one elses :)

Alexis Jacobs said...

This post is so sweet. Makes me want to call my brother :)

Wanda said...

My package came Saturday.... Oh my goodness...how beautiful and special...they will become part of my daily devotions as I feast my eyes on those lovely photo and meditate on God's Word.

LOL:Wanda(M)