Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Here it is...

Okay so I mentioned something last week that I wasn't able to share till Sunday and I've had a couple people asking me so here it is, NO I am not pregnant...teehee

About 3 months ago I got an invite in the mail to for a surprise celebration for one of Conrad's aunts her 60th birthday celebration(she seriously doesn't look a day over 40) it was to be a ladies only event that included arriving at the Fort Gary Hotel at noon then proceeding to the spa for a day of treatment, then dinner out to a fine dining location then a night at the hotel with the huge buffet breakfast the next morning which included a chocolate fountain and the best part? all paid for by her husband who wanted her to feel like a princess and feel completely and utterly loved. How sweet is that?

WELL that took place this past weekend from Saturday to Sunday, I must admit I was a little worried because our spa experience (The Haman Treatment and a facial) involved all of us to be oh what should I say, half naked...yeah a little cloth type thing wrapped around your completely naked body, does that sound like a good time?and yeah I have never been the smallest in the bunch so this was a tad intimidating . I have never been really close with Conrad's extended family, his aunts(except one) and his cousins and well my sister in law for that matter but this weekend I can honestly say changed all that. I got to see a side of them all that isn't usually shown at family gatherings, it was a lot of fun. I managed to get over my fear of being seen half naked in front of all my 'model like family' and thoroughly enjoyed this time. The treatment was amazing, and I would recommend it to everyone supposedly there are only two of these facilities in North America and we are fortunate to have one right here. It involves rubbing yourself down in a really hot steam room with salt and then laying on a heated marble slab and receiving a head to toe wash from an attendant and foot and leg massage and then a mud treatment all in this large dimly lit, really hot room, man it does wonders for the skin!! My aunt the birthday girl laughed at me as I lay there moaning. It was amazing...

The rest of the weekend went so well, I had Lobster for dinner then we all gathered for cake and coffee in her suite and enjoyed a few hearty laughs, and yes I couldn't disappoint the family by being invited along as the 'unofficial' entertainment so I managed to get a few good laughs going and had to apologize on Conrad's behalf the next day for any behaviour that was out of line.....ah yes you see in my family there is really no topic that isn't talked about or discussed and in Conrad's family we talk mainly about politics and the weather so I tried to do my part to keep the atmosphere light, I managed to get a few jaws dropping but all in good fun.


My roommate was one of Conrad's aunts who I get along with so well (and is almost my age ), we giggled till all hours of the night and had so many good laughs and great chats it was a night I won't soon forget!

I was blessed to have this experience and so thankful for this family who I got to know in a whole new light!

Happy 60th Birthday Aunt Mary hope you were blessed by this weekend and know how much you are loved!!

(Pictures seen here are of me and Auntie Charlotte...teehee)


10 comments:

PamJ said...

That sounded like SO much fun Louise! WOW... spa, dinner and the infamous BUFFET. What a smart uncle to think of such a thing ;)

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

How fun!! What a great weekend and Happy Birthday to your Aunt Mary!

ValleyGirl said...

What an awesome weekend!! Thanks for sharing the details ~ it was killing me a little.

I'm glad you managed to get over your fears and self-consciousness to have a wonderful time. You'll likely never be uncomfortable with them again.

Because you can literally imagine them almost naked, haha!! (I had to laugh when you said you got to see a different side of them...)

LiLi said...

I am so happy that you had a great time....sounds like you all were spoiled!!!

andrea said...

how fun! what a fabulous surprise...i know the buffet...need i say more?!!! sounds like a great time together!

Jody said...

So that was THIS weekend?!?! I remember how excited we were when you were reading it off to us at scrapbooking that night! Sounds like an awesome time, so glad for you.

svea said...

Ahhhh yes I totally spaced asking you about the Hammam. What fun! You are delightful entertainment, and if they ever need more entertainment for a lobster, spa hotel buffet weekend I am sure I am free... teehee hee

Andrea said...

WOW!! What a fabulous way to celebrate a birthday!

Glad it was a great time. And you should never feel self-conscious in front of ANYONE -- have you looked in a mirror lately and seen how beautiful you are??

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

First, wow girl you are so BEAUTIFUL.

Second, what a fun time - that sounds perfect.

Lastly, A CARRIBEAN CRUISE? When do we leave? :)

Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving.

lil ole' me..... said...

Oooh, sounds like a lil slice of perfection.
Yeah, I would have gotten naked for those treatments.... :)