Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Blessed Beyond Measure....

My heart is overflowing right now I have reason to smile. Well truth be told I have many reasons to smile but this one in particular is making me act like a silly school girl, all giddy and excited. Let me give you some background info before I tell you why.

Growing up Christmas was always my favorite time of year, not just cause it was my birthday 3 days before Christmas but because it was such a special time. I remember my mom baking and baking and baking some more but it was never just for our families she would always bless everyone around us with her baking including the staff at the elementary school me and my brothers attended...you see we weren't the most wealthy family but my mom gave what she had to give and that was her baking, every year for the teachers gifts she made a HUGE tray of goodies and brought it to the staff room and each year the teachers anticipated this tray asking us if our mom was busy baking again and if they would get it this year and my mom never disappointed every year till my youngest brother left that school , they got the tray. I have so many good memories of my parents going Christmas shopping and hiding our gifts in garbage bags when they came home. The lights on our tree, sleeping by the tree, getting up really early in the morning on Christmas day to open gifts. And through this all there was music playing ALL the time, my mom loved and still loves music and the two staple albums all of our Christmas memories at home were Kenny Rogers Christmas Album and BonnieM. Those two were played continuously and when I got married my first Christmas albums were those two. So you can imagine my joy when I heard the Kenny Rogers is coming to my local city to do a Christmas and Favorites concert but was soon disappointed because Christmas isn't the easiest time to blow $100 on a concert so I didn't purchase tickets. I shared this with my friend Lisa that he was coming and a few of my memories and this morning I got a text from her saying ' Guess who is going to see Kenny Rogers 5th row on the floor for her birthday...yes YOU' I started jumping up and down with tears in my eyes, I couldn't believe first of all that my friend would be so generous and buy them for me and also that I will be able to hear him live singing songs that bring me such joy....I have tears in my eyes just thinking of it...kleenex will be a must for me.
I found this video on You Tube this morning and started crying...yes lame I know....it is just so amazing how powerful positive memories can be, my hope now is that I am creating those same memories with my kids.
If you have a moment check out the video!
Hugs all!

13 comments:

LiLi said...

So happy to be able to share this with you....you are well worth it :) Love you to pieces!!

andrea said...

oh that is a precious gift! how incredibly thoughful and generous! enjoy the concert...it'll be fabulous! this kindness given to you has made me think of how I can love on my friends...
just simply touching!

Valarie Lea said...

Yea!!!! That is so awesome!!!!

Nadine said...

Very awesome. You have a great friend. I'm so happy that you'll be able to enjoy such a special concert.

Dana said...

oh that's soooo great!!!

Gaby said...

Your walk down memory lane took me down memory lane. Especially the music! My mom always played BoneyM! It truly is the ultimate x-mas album. Enjoy the Kenny Rogers concert! You deserve it.

svea said...

oh my gosh, I love kenny rogers too. My mom would always play his records at christmas, what a treat..... so happy for you.

Jody said...

What a great gift from the heart. Enjoy the memories from your childhood and the making of new memories with such a thoughtful friend.

Kathy H said...

Awesome...truly he is a music making icon. "Oh Ruuby, don't take your love to town...". Have fun!

candypb said...

I'm celebrating with you. What an amazing gift. I hope it will be everything you ever hoped for and more. Love you sis!

~Swankymama said...

That is so great! I hope you have a fabulous time and a fantastic birthday!!!

Kathy and Carl said...

Oh Louise! That's sounds wonderful. What a generous and giving friend you have. It'll be a special concert and can't wait to hear all about it afterwards!

Wanda said...

Oh I'm so excited for you. I have been a Kenny Rogers fan forever and have several of his CD's but not the Christmas ones.


Have a blast!!!!!


Loving you and your friend for loving you!!!!

Wanda