Pages

Thursday, October 09, 2008






Seasons of Change....






How do you describe a movement of heart, a shift and a change of thinking in how you want to continue life?? I didn't blog for a bit because I did not know what to say, still don't but hey I'll wing it!!



The conference in St.Louis was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G I got so much out of it. Throughout my devotional time alone these past few months I know it was a build up to what was coming and to what I was going to hear. God is so good, he knows how to prepare your heart for what you are going to hear so that when you hear it you are ready to receive it. I can say I walked away from there, blessed, challenged and ready to face my future knowing the unconditional love of God is there to guide and direct me. There were moments during the conference where I felt as though I was the only one in the building and somehow the speaker had gotten a secret email describing my life and was now preaching right to me......again amazing. Knowing that I have received direction I now need to take the steps and start moving into that direction, its easy to stand back and say...nah not now but I am choosing change as hard as it may be.



The music was unbelievable and each service I was able to enjoy it right in front of the stage in the 'mosh pit' although it didn't get 'moshy' with it being all women. It was wonderful to witness Darlene Zschech live in worship for those of you that know Hillsongs. It was awesome to be in a building with 18,000 women praising one God. There were moments when I was just quiet and listened to the singing and it was overwhelming, I can only imagine how God feels when He hears His people in worship.



Another highlight was meeting Creflo Dollar, an awesome preacher who really knows how to get the shout of AMEN out of you. He has this habit during his preaching, that I noticed while watching him on tv, where he calls his congregation to look up the scripture he is going to be referencing and then he says 'ready?. read' he did this at the conference and I got all giggly about it....oh yes the small moments in life that make you smile. He was signing his new book after his session and I waited in line and when I actually got to him I started babbling....yeah not one of my finer moments in life but here I was meeting someone I have always looked up to, I can only imagine what I would have been like if I had met Joyce...yeah yeah I know they are just people, but they are people who have impacted me with the teaching of God that has moved me to change, I am all over getting giddy around someone like that opposed to someone who is just "hot"....lol. Seriously could my smile BE any bigger?!

I was seriously blessed by this experience and definitely want to go again, although next year I will be sailing the Mediterranean so I can't make it to that particular conference....sigh...I know difficult life. I have many nuggets stored up inside me and loving the revelation they are bringing to my life and tonight I head to Bible school for some more good teaching and then our own church conference with awesome speakers at the end of the month. God is SO good and I can't wait to see what He is going to do in my life and those around me.

10 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh you said it well.... felt like I was there.

What an awesome time to be with God's women, and hear that kind of music, and a speaker that really touches you heart!!!

Glad it was so excellent!!!

Love and Hugs
Wanda

andrea said...

now it sounds that you got to be refreshed, renewed and encouraged in your faith. God is SO good. it's so good to be reminded of his goodness...perfect timing with Thanksgiving and all!
Enjoy your close walk with Him!

ValleyGirl said...

Sounds like a really wonderful time. I think I'm in need of a weekend like that.

lil ole' me..... said...

So glad you had a great conference!!!
Wish I could have met you while you were here in STL!!!

Gaby said...

It does sound GREAT! I wish I could have gone with you. Perhaps one year we'll have to skip Grand Forks and attend one of these conferences with our girls when they are older.

candypb said...

So awesome to see you growing and I love the fact that I can share your life with you. love you dearly!

Roo said...

beautiful.
xo

Kathy and Carl said...

What an experience, one that God orchestrated to bring you closer to Him and to teach you. I have chills thinking about it...WoW! I'm looking forward to hearing about how this experience will continue to impact you in times to come.

Valarie said...

Hey look its Valleygirl up there above me. :)

I have always wanted to here Creflo Dollar speak in person, one day maybe I will get to.

Melissa~ said...

Louise!

What a blessing that you were able to attend this. I have always wanted to go.

I have to get my little to bed, but wanted to stop in and say hi. I always love to see your comments on my blog.

Your blog is lovely and oh! your photography is beautiful too!

I will have to sneak in here in the early morning when I have a little more time to read.

Thanks so much for all your sweet comments.

♥ Melissa~
(pink peppermints)