Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Making God Smile
Reading 40 days of Purpose by Rick Warren has been wonderful, last night as I was about to doze off to bed I decided to pick up this book and read another chapter and it is exactly what I needed in that moment...it was all about our main purpose in life is to make God smile and to do everything for His glory, that means from the 'simple' things like getting up in the morning and making breakfast to the 'bigger' things like going to work, dealing with the kids and using our gifts, if it is all for His glory then that is the most important thing. This for me was such release because then it doesn't matter what other people around me do or say because what they do or say has no affect on how I can bring glory to God with my everyday life.

That being said I guess for me when I pull out my camera to take pictures of the world around me it is like I get lost in the lens for that moment and crave to capture what God has put there for me to enjoy, trying to in some way reflect to Him the goodness that He has shown to me.

Here are some pics I took last week as I went for a walk with my dog in a local park....(click for larger images)




HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY FELLOW CANADIANS!!!!!
HUGS AND BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL!!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

When Rick Warren's book first came out our whole church did the study with video's of Rick Warren speaking.... It was so so good. It really helped our church to see what our purpose in live and the church is all about.

I like to re-read it. I have it on audio, and listen to it in my car.

LOL:Wanda

Erin said...

Wow, Louise, those are beautiful! Such rich colors.