Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008


Choosing Thankfulness...


In the midst of stress and heartache thankfulness is a choice. It is so hard to see someone else in pain, hurting from circumstances around them and for me not to allow that hurt and pain into my life is hard for me, I see the hurt and I want to take it away, all the while knowing that I can't. As I spoke to a loved one who is hurting she said something so wise that has truly become very real to her in the past couple of months she said this 'I have decided not to let my circumstances affect my joy, and continue on praying for those that hurt me.' Even though the rage in me continues to boil over the hurt someone else is causing someone I care so deeply about I have to daily hand it over to God and allow Him to work in this circumstance.
So today I choose thankfulness......


1) thankful for three great kids who make me smile everyday

2) for an awesome hubby who shows me everyday how loved I am and provides so well for our family

3) for loving parents and in-laws who pray for our family and who overflow with love

4) for amazing friends who are always willing to share and listen

5) for a warm cozy house

6) for my dog who is the perfect example of unconditional love he is always so happy to see me even if I've only been gone 2 minutes

7) the list could go on for a long while so last but NOT LEAST I am thankful for my GOD who promises to NEVER leave me or forsake me, that no matter what the circumstance through Him I can choose to love and have complete joy!!


Have an awesome day my friends!!!
L

7 comments:

Jody said...

What a beautiful post Louise. Your blog truly inspires me. You are such a beautiful, gracious woman and I am thankful that I have gotten to know you.

andrea said...

choosing to be thankful among pain and difficulties can be hard. Giving our junk to God, and let Him fix it rather than our bandaids is always so much better. Isn't it amazing how when we pray and encourage others going thru tough stuff, they in turn give us strength as they hope in God's grace?! we do have so much to be thankful for...no matter the circumstances in our life...
i think we should celebrate Thanksgiving more often!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Louise, these were powerful and passionate thoughts and I agree. This was such a beautiful post and reminder.

candypb said...

Love the post. Had a great weekend with you. Love ya

ValleyGirl said...

Life really is a series of choices. Making the right one is often more difficult, but all the more rewarding.

Wanda said...

It sometimes amazing how something I read and think about, shows up on several of my friends blogs...like we are all on the same page.

The book I'm reading now, had a quote today that said the beginning of "Trust" is gratitude...

Wonderful post and thoughts, Louise.

svea said...

oh man...burden bearing is certainly not easy... But Your friends and loved ones are blessed to have you in their lives, commiting their burdens to Jesus with them. what a blessing. I am so thankful that we have Jesus to give our burdens and others burdens to as well. You make me smile.