Pages

Monday, September 01, 2008



A Weekend Worth Capturing

I have spent a lot of time this summer at the lake, enjoying our home away from home. The kids are more at peace there it seems. Walks along the pathways in between the bushes and water envelopes you with the fullness of nature and the beauty of God's creation. It seems that getting away can offer a lot of perspective and bring into view priorities. Sitting in my favorite spot with my favorite person and dreaming dreams and setting goals for the future, what could be better than that?!

This summer has been a tough one for me allowing the kids to grow and become all that they were intended to be while trying to mold and shape them. I spent some time by this tree thanking God for my children and asking also for creative ways in which I can parent them. Sometimes well actually most of the time I feel as though I am trying so hard and getting no where. I fail to realise that I was not intended to do this journey alone....

I have been SO incredibly blessed by the lives of three gorgeous children who bring so much joy to my life and even though times have been up and down I wouldn't trade my life for anything! 'Ours for only a while, God's forever.'


This weekend was spent with Conrad's family. Granna and Papa are hands on grandparents always looking for teachable moments and spending eons of time with the kids, never having grandparents myself that I got to spend a lot of time with I am so thankful that I have in-laws who do have such an influence on my children's lives. They are amazing people with a lot to offer my kids and I know someday they will look back on the memories with their grandparents and fe
el blessed!!


I spent a lot of time reading while the family went off fishing and I also got to spend time with my new little nephew Brennan. Noah and I had an interesting conversation today as I was spending some time with Brennan.

Noah- "Mom it would actually be kinda fun to have a baby in the house."
Me- "Really??" (thinking to myself not a chance kid.. been there done that)
Noah- "yeah I would like that although I don't know if I'd like all the whining but I guess I could get used to that."
Me- again "really, well think about it Noah if you had a brother or sister right now you would be 20 when he or she would be 10 you'd be out of the house..."
Noah- cut me off saying "I'm not going to be out of the house at 20..."
Me - a pattern here I think "REALLY? well what about 30, at LEAST by 30 right?"
Noah- " yeah I think I could do 30 I should be married for a while by then..."
Me- " yup the right time, the right woman and you'll be gone"
Noah - he just looks up at me and smiles
Me - thinking to myself oh boy that will happen WAY too soon, I'll just cherish this moment right here and also thank God that he forgot he wanted a baby sibling...whew....

So a great weekend with a wonderful family...after 310 pictures this weekend those are just a few, I feel refreshed and ready to start this fall and only 2 more sleeps till school starts but who said I was counting?!

*** for those of you who know me via facebook I will post some more pics th
ere

4 comments:

andrea said...

those are such fun conversations when we have talks with our kids! ah, i'm realizing more and more that this parenting thing is harder than i thought! thankfully, you have amazing family that are willing and want to love on your kiddos!
300 plus pictures...i had a busy weekend and i took 2! you must really love your fam!!! lol!

Rose said...

That sounds like so much fun, wow 310 pictures, you rock!
I love to read about you and your life, (mine sounds a little boring) thinking of all the places you go all summer. You are so right Grandparents are great and it makes me wonder what it would have been like had my Dad lived. I do know and am comforted though thinking of the 2 baby's we have in heaven are being taken care of and I wouldn't wish him back with how he suffered, he's healed in heaven and running on the streets of glory! Sorry Louise I've gotten a little carried away with my memories, but thanks for sharing and also for listening, love you!

Louise said...

Andrea- yeah they grow up quickly and it isn't always easy but it is very worth it!!! Yeah crazy eh?? 300!!

Rose- AH GIRL (((((HUGS)))) Love you much!!

candypb said...

Sounds like you had a great talk with your son.
You always think they are so young but it's amazing to hear what they are thinking about. Isn't it? They really are going to grow up one day and move out of the house. Scary...