Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008


Walk Beside Me a While....

Today as my daughter Keziah and I were walking back from Noah's TaeKwondo practise I noticed that we were in perfect step with each other and besides the fact that I was amazed that she was using the same number of steps I was, I was amazed that she TOO did not step on any cracks in the side walk. So I asked "hey we are walking the same way and never stepping on a crack" she says" yeah those things drive me nuts" and I chuckled to myself and said " me too girlie, me too" and here I thought I was the only one with slightly OCD tendencies in our family.

Well this got me to thinking about how much more smoothly my life runs when I am in the Word everyday, communing with the one who created me. He knows all my quirks and He knows what will work for me and what won't. He knows the best way to help me communicate with my kids and show me ways to reach the heart of my children. Life having God walk beside me is so much easier than being alone on the walk....and He urges me forward into areas of my life that are out of my comfort zone but I know that as long as I have Him walking beside me I'll be okay....just like my girlie feels safe and secure being in step with me, I feel secure knowing that I've got someone to walk beside me every single step of the way no matter what the circumstance!!!

9 comments:

Roo said...

so true louise.
i find it such a wrestle to get to that space of solitude. so often i attempt to fill it with other things -- other things that fall short every single time.

there is only ONE who fulfills that inner spot in my heart. you think i'd have learnt that lesson by now?!! sheesh ruth.

MamaGeek said...

You know, I just totally get this post. And the imagery from that shot is just as warming.

*le sigh*

Beautiful.

candypb said...

I agree. Step by step...
I never knew that little quarks like that would travel down the generation too. So neat...

andrea said...

i loved your analogy! i just love reading blogs and feeling encouraged in my walk with Jesus...thanks for sharing! loved it! take care!
btw,happy going back to work!

Wanda said...

Oh my dear Louise ~~ Do you know how excited I get when I read how you are growing and maturing in the Lord.

To carve out time every day to be with the Lover of your Soul will grow you like nothing else.

This is so important in all our lives.

Love the picture of you and your daughter walking side by side and alike... She will also see what a godly woman looks like walking by your side.

Love and Hugs in your journey.

Wanda

Nadine said...

Amen Louise. Great post. Keeping in step with the One we love.

Jolene said...

Thanks for sharing our thoughts I needed to hear that today. We do not need to be walking alone.

lil ole' me..... said...

What a great post Louise!!!

Thanks for sharing it....

it's a gong show... said...

great post louise!