Pages

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Opportunity Knocked....

Well I can hardly believe I am actually writing this but I am joining the workforce once again. I have an amazing opportunity to do something I love and I am excited about. Back when Noah was born 10 years ago I was a travel agent and that is what I will be doing again. I am joining a good friend who is managing a new office in our local city and she asked me to become a part of her team and with thought and prayer and discussions with my hubby and kids I have answered YES. It is a job that offers a lot of flexibility, setting my own hours which allows me to send the kids off to school and be home when they get home. As most of you know I have a passion for travel and this will allow me to pursue just that...I am excited, nervous and anticipating an exciting fall. I will be starting my training which can be done from home..yeah...and then starting in the office in November. I will have my own website, once it is up and running I will let you all know!!

The kids are off to school today, they left with excitement and anticipation which is so good to see. I am enjoying my first quiet morning with Regis and Kelly and a good cup of coffee...
Have a blessed day!!
L

11 comments:

andrea said...

oh,that's so exciting! ...your home must be so quiet this morning! enjoy the peace today and preparing for your passion/work!
enjoy the day! i'm 1 down, 2 to go and it's a zoo here(...kinda jealous)

ValleyGirl said...

Congratulations! I think you will be an excellent travel agent!! That's one career I seriously considered out of high school as well. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.... sigh.

Louise said...

Andrea- thanks I am hoping it goes well! and yes a quiet house is wonderful, am enjoying it!! HUGS!

Valleygirl- Thanks!! I actually took my Travel Agent Diploma at college after high school and now after 10 years am able to use it again..looking forward to it. You still could you know, never too late!

Kimberly said...

Oh congratulations! That sounds like such a blast!

Erin said...

Wow! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. You'll have fun and do such a great job : )

candypb said...

Wow, your going back to work. Thats crazy. So great to hear. Can't wait to see you tomorow...

gloria said...

happy for you.... wee bit jealous too ;p

Andrea said...

You will enjoy it, I just know it!

Jolene said...

Congratulations! All the best with your new venture. Sounds like it will be fun.

Kathy and Carl said...

That's so awesome that you will have the opportunity to do something you love. And a little of that and a little of home, will make a perfect balance. Can't wait to hear more!

PamJ said...

Oh that sounds like fun, and great you can make your own hours, still being there for the kids!