Pages

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

It is Official...Secret Agent here I come..(.oh who am I kidding those are my strange dreams...try that again)...Travel Agent here I come....

I have a website to prove it..shameful advertising I know...(click here to see it)
The city office doesn't open its doors till November 1st but till then I am able to do any booking online..oh the wonders of technology. It is a FULL service travel agency which means any sort of trip can be booked even though the name of the business is CruiseShip Centers Canada.

I went to college many moons ago for my Travel Agent certificate and since then I have become a full-time stay at home mom of three, so I am dusting off all the cobwebs in my brain that pertain to travel and trying to equip myself the best I can so I can do a great job at helping others plan their vacations.

I am
nervous, excited and I have a bit, well a lot, of brain fog..I am doing the training and sitting in on meetings and meeting the office team next week. I have a lot of learning to do and some of it down the road a bit will be 'on site' training in actual vacation destination locations which I mean how can that be a bad thing right?! other than that I will learn by working through my online training and dealing with actual customers.....yikers this is the real deal!!!!

No turning back now, I gotta make a go at this and do my best, I hope to be travel agent
extraordinaire, travel agent to the stars.....ah yeah carried away again...heck I just hope to do a good job at being myself selling a whole lotta trips and hopefully enjoying some trips with my family and friends along the way too.

To end this lovely post,
where have you always dreamed of going?? and NO I will not hound you and hunt you down and make you book with me...I don't roll like that...

For me someday I want to see the Maldives ..just me and my honey in a beach cabana.....enjoying a honeymoon that we never really got!!

7 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Oh yes, sign me up for that one, too!!

andrea said...

that picture looks more than perfect! you have a great 'sales' pitch...you had me at "it's official.."
I hope that you get to experience this dream getaway...and i am planning a winter holiday...here's to dreaming!

Erin said...

Wow, the Maldives look amazing! I love that cabana! For me, Europe. For a really long time. Time to see lots of things and lots of places. Way to go, I'm so proud of you! You are going to do such a good job!

it's a gong show... said...

Africa or Ireland.

PamJ said...

Oh that looks dreamy!
Ever since grade four and our exchange teacher, I have wanted to go to Australia. That and Europe. My grandparents travelled there to see relatives and I would like to do the same with my hubby one day!
We never got that hot honeymoon either so once the kids are a tad older it would be nice to getaway.

Gaby said...

Ohhh, Louise, the honeymoon sounds divine! I would love to come with - different rooms of course...you wouldn't even know I'm there...tee hee. I wish you the best of luck! But the one place I would love to visit is a tour of South America. I've only been to Paraguay and Colombia so far. I'd love to visit Brazil and Bolivia for sure.

lil ole' me..... said...

Oooh, what a cool job.

I wanted to go to Figi on our honeymoon, but the long plane ride kinda deters me....
Also, would love to see Italy and Spain.
Oh, and Austrailia and Paris and Brazil....
Too many places to name. :)