Pages

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Ahhh..Routine

One thing I discovered about myself this summer is I crave routine, well actually mostly the morning and bedtime routine..... I guess I know that my family life flows better when there is some form of routine.
So I thought I'd clue you into my
morning routine..oh I know exciting stuff...here goes...

6am - get up and exercise (you don't want a photo of that, trust me)
this pic was taken this morning from my window...
7am- have my coffee and do reading/devotions

7:30am - get my kids out of bed and prepare them for the day.......

8:30am -the kids are off to school.......

(nice water spot on your shirt Kez...guess I wasn't too with it that day ;) )
-click on pictures for larger images-

I guess this is where my spontaneity begins, do I clean? do laundry? go out with a friend? go for coffee(wow a lot of coffee in one day) or do I crawl back into bed?read? watch Regis and Kelly?go shopping?.... soon it will be off to work for at least three days a week, I am getting excited about that, being with adults for a full five hours and hopefully developing a successful little business?!

What is your morning routine??

8 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

I definitely crave routine, too. I love summer, but it's so stinkin' chaotic!! I like it that I have to make a lunch every night, have breakfast every morning at 7:45, walk out to meet the bus every morning at 8:20, etc.

I like the routines that are imposed on me ~ I'm not too good at setting a routine for myself and sticking to it!! Like right now, for instance: it's 8:45 am, one kid's at school, one kid's occupied with Knowledge Network and her Ponyville mini-ponies, and while she is, I should be washing last night's dishes, sweeping the floor, and preparing the guest room for my in-laws who will be coming later this afternoon.

But what am I doing? I'll give you one guess!

andrea said...

i love rountine but i'm finding that my kids are so unpredictable that I feel like i'm fightin' a losin' battle( my kids love early, early!!!). so i wake up at 6:11 each morning, work out, shower at 7:15am. But the rest is a blur...actually it's either panic mode or the calm before the storm. oh, to have choices like you...hmmm, i have 8 years left...but i refuse to count!

Erin said...

We don't do much routine and I'm not really "into" it, but school is upon us next week which will mean regular morning routine, anyway. And morning is not my strong suit. Although I find when I'm up early enough and get myself going my day is a lot more productive than when I laze around for half of the morning : )

Roo said...

our mornings start early! sometimes by 5:30am. :) and that's cuz the kittens like to greet the sun.

i would loooooooooove to start my day off with quiettime and a cup of coffee.

i'm sure that day will return to me before too long...i used to start my mornings having quiet time for hours and hours. sometimes i would get up at 4am just to hang out with Jesus.

i miss that.

Rose said...

Wow, that's exciting! I have to say some days I miss working just for the outing and the adult interaction. I know you will get right back into it, no problem and the perks I'm sure will be well worth it. That's it's so flexible is awesome, I'll be praying that everything goes to plan and that your brain will once again become a sponge as I know with having kids it turns to mush for a while!! Love you Girl!
Miss you!

candypb said...

You gave me a great idea for my next post so you'll have to look into it.

Debbie said...

Routine...I love it to. I agree with some above that summer is just too chaotic. My whole goal in the morning is to get the two kids off to school. The house is real quiet except for my little girl, but it gives me a small taste of what it will be like when they are all in school. I will be able to get ALOT done! Yeah! can't wait.

Wanda said...

Mornings have changed a lot for me the past six weeks. I decided in my retirement I was getting lazy health wise... So I've been on a new routine of health.

7:30 AM a cup of hot lemon juice
and make my hubby breakfast.
8:00 Make my protein smoothie with Flax Seed Oil....

That probably sounds gross...but I've lost 16 lbs, and have not had caffine in 6 weeks. I missed my starbucks for the first few weeks, and then noticed I had an extra $20 in my purse... so it has it advantage too.

I do get to eat real food for lunch and dinner.

I remember the school routine.
I'm excited about your new job...You will be a great Travel Agent....

LOL:Wanda