Pages

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Summer Fun...

Doing Crafts.



Lounging with Friends.




Loving the season of flowers and green all around.




We had a fabulous weekend, taking the kids out for lunch and to a local park, camping on my brother's yard again which is always relaxing and FUN!! and going out to dinner and to see Mama Mia again with my parents and my bro and sis-in-law this time! what fun! It was even better the second time around, we howled with laughter again...I am so buying it when it comes out on DVD!!


This week for me consists of some much needed time alone, preparing for two weeks at the lake and looking through supplies and buying what we need for school. It is a laid back week and so far so good!! What a difference it makes to have dad around, it is nice to have a break from being full time mommy and having dad step in and lay down the law at times too.

12 comments:

Kathy and Carl said...

What a wonderful weekend. I hope you will get your me-time and feel prepared for the upcoming fall.

gloria said...

sounds like a good weekend

ValleyGirl said...

You sound so relaxed and refreshed! Have a great week, enjoy your me time, and have a wonderful holiday at the lake, too!

(I like the new look!)

Nadine said...

I so have to go and see Mama Mia.

it's a gong show... said...

i have to agree louise. mike has been on holidays for the last two weeks and it makes SUCH a difference. if only i could win the lottery and he could stay home all the time *sigh*

Gaby said...

Sounds like you had a good time. You'll have to invite me down when you finally buy that movie. Hang tough, and enjoy your time at the lake. I'll miss ya.

ps. Love the picture of the girls in the hammock.

Debbie said...

I love your background on your site. Great pictures, I love them. What fun to just lay around and enjoy the summer. For us just a week and a half left till school starts.

The Broken Man said...

Sounds like a fab day - my wife keeps encouraging me to take some time off this summer, but I can't see it happening.... :(

The Broken Man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/

Roo said...

it is nice to have the daddies around. brian is on parental (hopefully for 8 months) and it has been w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l

all over the map said...

we haven't seen mama mia yet and my step-daughter really wants to but i'm concerned it's too adult for her? i don't even know the rating here, hopefully pg.
two weeks at the lake? i'm jealous. i soo want to do that. i'm sure you are going to have a blast.
that last photo of the flowers is really lovely. flowers and greenery makes me really happy.
it's great to have dad around, i agree!
xo

candypb said...

I love the pics you have of my yard. Your going to have to share them with me.
I hope you have fun at the lake. I guess I'll see you much later then I would like.
Take care

andrea said...

great to hear that you had a great time! ...and aren't daddies f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s!!!