Pages

Friday, August 01, 2008


Some Highlights of the week....


1)My hubby has been gone a lot lately on business and he is bringing home gifts each time he comes home(my love language) 3 weeks ago it was the entire Twilight book series including a pre-order of the 4th book that comes out at midnight tonight, and last week it was a hoodie, my faves to wear!! and this week it was a new zoom lens for my DSLR camera...I am SO thrilled, I am not a professional photographer by any means but I really enjoy taking pictures of my family and scenery and this is going to make it even more exciting....ahhh...blush, blush...I love that man!!!

2)This week I was asked to post pictures in a local home for seniors in their dining room so that they can enjoy some different scenery so I posted 14 pictures for them in 11x16 in big black frames and it feels like my own mini art gallery display. As I was in there hanging up the photos I was able to talk to a few of the residents and I was so blessed by them, some of the pictures brought back some war memories for them and they were able to share with me, others saw their favorite flowers pictured and wanted them close by 'at their tables' to look at, I am so thankful that what I view as fun and a hobby can be used to bless others.( a few of the shots)

3)The final highlight was being able to participate in a local parade riding on my dad's tractor advertising for my Uncle's business, my kids were able to ride on the trailer with my mom while my dad was driving and myself, my sis and law, a friend and cousin walked along side handing out Yerba (click here to see what it is) tea-bags. I was so thrilled to see my dad with a grin plastered on his face proud-as-punch over his tractor.


This has been a very stressful week and even through it all there are many highlights, I am so blessed to live the life I live and I will choose thankfulness over bitterness and resentment!!

If you made it to the end of this post, thanks! Hope you all have a blessed weekend!!

14 comments:

Debbie said...

What a wonderful Husband. And what beautiful pictures. I wish I could take pictures like that. I have been wanting to post that I feel blessed to have met you through our blogs. Thank you for sharing your life with me. I feel that your a long distant friend. I really enjoy your cute family.

ValleyGirl said...

Oooo, you're like, FAMOUS now! Your very own art gallery! That's awesome!! You have some incredible pictures, that's for sure.

I'm so jealous you got to ride in the parade! I'm seriously thinking of joining the Red Hat Society chapter up here just so I can, too!! You don't even have to be 50 anymore to become a member!

candypb said...

I'm with valleygirl about the red hat society. lol... I would have a blast.
You rock my world sis. I'm so happy that you can be blessed by your hubby over and over again. He knows how to "get some". LOL... And your pictures are always amazing.
Can't wait for tomorow.
(Foods on me for Monday) Just come a relax, you need it.

Louise said...

Debbie- thanks dear, you are very sweet and I have really enjoyed meeting you and getting to know your family too!!! HUGS!

Valleygirl- you are too funny, the Red Hat Ladies had an awesome float at this parade, you would have loved it ;)

Candy- you are too sweet, Love you SO much sis!! Thanks for being YOU!!

andrea said...

what a fun filled week! pictures, parades, presents and of course, your hubby's presence again. sorry that is has been stressful though...i hope whatever it is, you can feel God's nearness. take care.

gloria said...

lucky girl! love the new background.

Roo said...

:) nice!

and love the new blogskin. very fun.

Wanda said...

What a sweet man you have. God blesses us in many ways, but to have a wonderful and thougtful husband is indeed a blessing.

Oh I love the idea that your art is in the Rest home. I so miss my visited with the elderly. When we get plugged into a church, I will find some new ones to visit.

Love the grapes on your sidebars.

Love and Hugs
Wanda

Kathy and Carl said...

First of all, I love the new layout. And I think your husband is very sweet to bring home gifts for you while he is away. It sounds like you had a wonderful week, I pray the following weeks are just a good.

MamaGeek said...

You guys are a beautiful couple! Your own art gallery? VERY awesome.

Rosie said...

Wow have I ever missed a lot! Your life has been filled with so much and I have missed it all in my own little world way out here. I have been neglecting the computer lately but more importantly my sister and her awesome writing/pictures and insites!
Love you Sister and really miss you!

gloria said...

p.s. talk to me about the Twilight series, i have been eyeballing it at chapters for a while now...

p.p.s i saw your daddy taking out the trash in blaumenoout this evening while i was walking with my lovely mother in law who has recently moved there (with her husband and remaining children who live at home).

candypb said...

I love your background I had to do it too. I hope you don't mind.

svea said...

love the new blogskin and i am so glad you put up pics for our seniors. Your photos are amazing! BTW when school starts up again we really must do coffee since it has been like a year!!! LOL time flies when we are all having fun. big hugs to you enjoy your time at the lake!